Mar 25, 2009

Gotta Have Some Bling!

I have some very shiny bling now. Thanks to the root canal I had a few months ago I needed to get a crown. The dentist and I decided to go with a gold crown since it's the back molar where there is a big chance of chipping it if I went with porcelain. Thankfully there was no numbing needed and my dentist appointment went quickly and painlessly. I love my dentist!! I still have several more crowns but only one more that needs to be taken care of fairly quickly. The other 3 are to re-enforce the teeth that have had a lot of work done to them in the past. The Sonicare toothbrush seems to be doing the job....it was definitely money well spent.

So anyway, you all are wondering what I've been up to (knitting wise) since my last post. Well the answer is a lot of things.

I finished the mid March Monthly Dishcloth KAL cloth.

Windmill Dishcloth

The pattern is windmill dishcloth (ravelry)(non ravelry). I used Peaches & Creme yarn in the Aqua Mist ombre colorway. Exciting isn't it! OK, so dishcloths aren't very exciting but they are great fillers when you are working on big projects.

Oh look, a boring progress shot of my toe up bamboo socks.

Rainbow Toe Ups

I wasn't going to bore you all with this photo but I took it to update my Ravelry notebook so I figured I might as well subject you to it too. Actually there is another 2 inches or so on the cuff thanks to my dentist appointment. I always take my socks with me since there is the wait time plus it helps pass the time when they need to numb my mouth up for work....much better then boring magazines. I'm working a k2, p2 ribbing....boring yes but it doesn't require me to drag around a pattern. I have my basic toe up pattern memorized.

Oh boy! Here's an exciting one for you guys.

Bee Fields Shawl

I finished the Bee Fields Shawl (ravelry)(non ravelry). It only took me a year to do it but it's done!!! Well almost done. I still need to give it a good soak and blocking. I'm going to try to get that done tomorrow morning after the kiddo heads out the door for school. There are a few minor errors in the shawl (my knitting errors not pattern errors) but all in all it came out great. I can't wait to see it after it's all blocked out.

I picked up some yarn from ebay from KimiK.

KimiK Merino Sock Yarn

It's 440 yards of multi colored sock yarn (100% Merino non superwash) with 110 yards of coordinating kettle dyed yarn for the heels and toes. I liked the colors and the price was right.

I received my final Seven Deadly S(p)ins club shipment. Go here if you want to see it. I probably won't make the pattern so I need to find something else to use the yarn on. I loved the yarn and colors!

Well at least this time the post is shorter. I'll leave you all with Bree playing peekaboo!

No Peeking!

She decided to sneak a peek out the window while I was taking some photos of projects and stash. She kept saying "peekie boo" and giggling!

Happy Crafting!



7 comments:

  1. Oh I love the picture of Bree! It is just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought you had gotten your hands on more ZYG Bling. Got me all excited. Glad your dental ordeal is over. I can't wait to see the Bee Fields Shawl post blocking. Gorgeous! And Miss Bree is adorable, as always. Hope you aren't getting much snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to take a picture of the shawl after blocking. I'm working on my very first lace weight shawl, slow-going, very slow-going. But I'm almost to the point where the next gazillon rows will be a 4-row repeat which should work out better. Lace? why did I want to do this. But I want to see your's blocked so I can get some help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice dishcloth... I have that one queued...
    and I cannot wait to see bee fields blocked! the color is great and it looks good now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved that bee shawl!
    How cute of her to be playing peekaboo when you're snapping photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate going to the dentist. Just the anticipation of pain is terrible. Glad you didn't have too much trouble though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love it when visits to the dentist are painless. I love the dishcloth and the shawl.

    ReplyDelete