Now I have Nickleback's song Rockstar ** stuck in my head. I totally felt like a rockstar when I saw my name in Amy's post showing the last sample knit I did for her. I have the pics I took but the ones in her post are way better then mine. Woolgirl also posted about this knit and has one additional picture that wasn't in Amy's post.
** Song has cussing in it, though this video has it bleeped out.
My pic was taken late at night so it's crappy. I took the pic at night so I could get the sweater packed to send with Shawn to drop off at the PO the next morning. Normally I just request a carrier pick up but USPS has a cutoff time for pickup the next day. The pattern is Amherst by Dolce Handknits. I really enjoyed working with the Tosh Worsted (Rav)(non-Rav). It's very soft and as always the colors are gorgeous. Woolgirl is carrying the Tosh Worsted and Dolce Handknits patterns. I definitely see some Tosh worsted in the near future. I'm thinking either a warm wrap/shawl or a hat/scarf set. I'm leaning toward the shawl/wrap since I stay indoors a lot in the winter.
I did acquire a couple of skeins of yarn since my last post.
The socks are going much better this time. It's a little snug going over the heel but it's very comfortable on the foot. I'm using Dream in Color Smooshy, color Lunar Zazzle. I've actually finished the first sock and am about halfway through the cuff of the second sock. These were the better pics.
I knit a dishcloth.
This pattern is NunuYaya (Rav)(non-Rav). It's a tad fiddly to start but I really enjoyed knitting it. This is the yarn I was knitting the woven basket dishcloth with. I couldn't finish the cloth because it hurt my hands to knit it. I could only knit 2-3 rows before needing to put it up. So I frogged it and found a more hand friendly pattern.
I also made a pair of socks for Kaity.
A simple sock knit toe up. I used the Turkish cast on and a short row heel. The yarn is Opal Rainbow and I used 2.5mm needles. I'm not matching stripes for these socks since Kaity said she didn't care if they matched. I knit the foot in stockinette and added k2, p2 ribbing for the cuff and used a picot bind off.
For now I'm working on my socks and other WIPs that I have but soon I will have yarn for two more sample/test knits, one for Madelinetosh and one for Woolgirl.
No one can accuse me of not staying busy!