May 25, 2009

Spring Is Finally Here!

Well I think it's here anyway. The weather here has warmed up quite nicely. We had grand plans to have a picnic on Sunday but the stupid rain came in and ruined those. Hopefully next weekend will be nice and we can try for that picnic again. We're want to get out on the trails with the bikes and do a little riding around the river.



My friend Patty has opened up an etsy shop for the jewelry she's been making. She has some really pretty stuff. Check her out....I'll wait till you get back, promise!



We've been contemplating a new car and will most likely replace the one we have before the end of the year. We've been having a lot of electrical problems so it's time to get rid of it before we go broke trying to fix it. The stupid thing is shutting off at low speeds which is not life threatening but we keep thinking "what's next". I won't even tell you all how much the brake lines, rotors and brake pads cost me. Lets just say that several cashmere sweaters with enough to spare on a few pair of cashmere socks....painful? Oh you bet! No I didn't take it to the dealer because it would have cost me 3 times that. So anyways we were thinking really hard about the Subaru Forester until we realized that you have to put Premium fuel in it....ah yeah, nope don't think so. Am so not going to have that bite me in the butt if the gas prices shoot back to Mars again. The $4.20 per gallon was bad enough I don't want another 20-50 cents per gallon tacked on to that. We have it narrowed down to a Toyota Rav4, Camry or Corolla. We like the space of the SUV but we like the lower price of the car. We'll make our final decision after we take a peek at the trunk space of the Camry and Corolla. We were originally planning to get a vehicle that can tow but now it doesn't matter. We've decided that we're waiting until after Shawn gets out of the military to buy a camping trailer and we'll look for a used truck that can tow the trailer we want. For now we just want something that is reliable and you just don't get much more reliable then a Toyota.



So lets see, what have I been up to since the last post. A post which was what, 2 weeks ago. I'm to lazy intent on getting this post finished to pull up the site to see when the last post is. That's neither here nor there. You all are here to see what I've been up too.



I finished my Glynis socks (ravelry).




Glynis Socks

Man this yarn is seriously yummy! It's Zen Yarn Garden Serenity sock and I got it from Woolgirl. It's worth every penny. Last time I checked Woolgirl still had some in stock. I finished these in a record breaking 6 days and I knit them one at a time! The yarn was so delish I couldn't put them down. The pattern is from CookieA's new sock book Sock Innovations. If you love knitting socks and don't have this one yet you need to pick it up. It's worth it!



The Daisy cloth (ravelry)(non ravelry) from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL.


Daisy Cloth

I think the colorway is lavender and the yarn is Peaches & Creme. This was a cute pattern and I definitely wouldn't mind knitting it again.



I finally got a picture of Kaity in her lacy cardi.


Lacy Cardi

Don't ask me why she's not smiling. Normally the kid is smiling all the time. She likes the cardi....I swear she does! I'm planning on making a wool one for her for winter. I'm thinking maybe Cascade 220 superwash.



I finished the stripey Regia socks.


Stripey Regia Socks

I kept them plain stockinette so I could show off all the stripes....well that and I didn't feel like knitting ribbing. There goes that laziness again.



Look at this kick butt birthday prezzie I received from my friend Colleen.


B-Day Goodies

It's a knitters kit from Slipped Stitch Studios and some samples of fiber for spinning. Colleen, it's probably a good thing we live on opposite sides of the US. I think we'd get into some serious trouble if we lived near one another. I'm working on your gifty so you're going to have to wait just a tad longer for your box.....Muh-hahaha!



We finished the puzzle!


President Puzzle

Kaity and I have been working on this every evening since she won it at Bingo night. It's been taken apart and put back in the box. We're getting ready to start a Tigger photomosaic puzzle that I have a feeling is going to kick our butt. This one was bought by my parents and I have a Winnie the Pooh one that I picked up a long time ago.



Well that covers it for now. Hopefully I'll be back to show off some goodies here soon. I won the Mothers Day contest on Woolgirl's blog and I'm hoping to see my first Oz kit here in the next week or so. Plus I'm working on a few other things that I haven't gotten progress photos of.



So with the wrap up of this post I'll leave you all with this picture of a photographer taking a picture of a photographer photo.


Say Cheese!

Happy Crafting!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And no talk about you being lazy - the stripes on the Regia socks match each other perfectly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Kaity's sweater, it looks fab. and Bree is adorable in her green crocs.
    WOW lookit that puzzle! how many hours do you figure you spent putting it together?
    and speaking of spinning.... have you spun lately? how's it going on the wheel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute of Bree. We are still having cold weather down here, but will warm up in a few days. Love the Glynnis socks. Those occurred in record time. I have the book. I'll get to it one of these days. You know how that goes. Katy's cardi is darling, too. As usual, you are cranking out the FO's. Any further word on Shawn's summer TDY? Hope you all are doing fine. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fantastic projects! Cute girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, everything looks amazing! I think you need to send me the purple dish cloth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... look at Kaity all grown up!

    ReplyDelete