Jun 5, 2009

Spinnning Again!

I have to say I think I've found my forever soap. We discovered Windrift Hill's goat milk soaps and decided to give them a try. We've been in search of a new bar soap so when Hubby saw these in the main billeting office (billeting is a military hotel) he picked up a couple of bars. This soap smells good enough to eat but the fabulous thing about it is it lathers well and rinses leaving you feeling clean but yet when you dry off your skin feels so smooth and you have the lingering yummy scent of the soap. They're sold in generous 5oz for around $5 which is actually a pretty good deal. I have no affiliation with this company just a super happy customer who wants to share with friends. The bonus is this a small business based out of Conrad, MT so we're supporting a some what local business. I do believe that Conrad is about 2 hours from here. We are trying really hard to support more small and local business.




I've been spinning and here are the results so far.



BFL Handspun



BFL Handspun



This was the first attempt the other day. I had about 3oz of Sakina Needles BFL that I purchased from TLE. I can see I've made some good progress from my last spinning attempt.




This is attempt number two.



My Handspun



As you can see I'm still working on this one. It's some yummy BFL I purchase from Susan before she closed up her etsy shop. I really like BFL it's soft and easy to spin but I think it's time to branch out into some different fibers. Soooooo.......





I picked up this with my TLE credit.



Superwash Merino Roving



The one on the left is Yarn Love Marianne Dashwood roving, color is Bayfield Apple and the one on the right is Yarn Pirate Superwash Merino roving, color is Pretty Pirate. I can't wait to start spinning them.



I had some stickers here at the house so I decided to put a few on my wheel.



My Wheel



My wheel has a clear lacquered finish. I know some people like to stain or paint their wheel but frankly that's just not my thing. I'll stick with stickers since if I get sick of them I can peal them off and pick out some new ones.



I'll be back in a few days with a knitting post. I have a few progress photos to show.



Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're giving spinning another chance! I love it so much that I'd like to convert the world to it. I wish I were there with you to watch your progress.
    It looks like your spinning is really improving! Spinning is a muscle memory activity so practice is the key. Pretty soon it will be second nature, just like riding a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippie! lookityourspinning, so AWESOME. great yarn! I'm pretty excited for you can you tell??
    !!
    I'll be putting together your "fiber sample box" in the next day or 2, so you'll have some bits and pieces to play with
    AND Happy Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the spinning! Looks like it's coming along so well.

    ReplyDelete