Jul 25, 2009

A Few Woolgirl Knits

I think it's safe to post about these now. It's been over a month since the boxes went out so I'm pretty sure most people including those outside the US have received their packages. I test knit the patterns for the June Woolgirl sock club package.


First up is the sock pattern, It's Raining Cats & Dogs Socks (Ravelry).



Raining Cats & Dogs Sock Sample



This is a club exclusive pattern so it's not available right now however I wouldn't be surprised if it's available within the year for sale to everyone. I loved knitting this sock. It has cables, these cute little paw prints, and to top it off it's knit with one of my favorite go to yarns, Dream in Color Smooshy the colorway is called Raining Cats and Dogs.

Then I worked the Raindrops shawl (Ravelry)(non Ravelry).





Raindrops Shawl Sample



I do believe the pattern edging was tweaked for the club but you can get the pattern for free from the designers website. It was a great knit and the pattern was easy to work and once again it was knit in Dream in Color Smooshy. One skein will gets you a smaller shawl. If you want a bigger one you'll definitely need a second skein of Smooshy. I managed to eek out 8 pattern repeats before starting the edging but I was cutting it pretty close on running out of yarn.


I have a few more knits but I can't post about them yet since they are hush hush. They are club patterns so I won't post them until after a reasonable amount of time has past after the boxes are sent off.

I'll be back in a few days to post about some of my WIPs, goodies, etc....oh and that blog contest that I want to start. More details in a few days.

Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. Both projects are lovely. So cool to get my kits and know you are the knitter. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVELOVELOVE the cats and dogs pattern! it looks like so much fun
    and Hey, did Kaity get a hair cut? looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! Love the new shawl!

    ReplyDelete