Feb 10, 2010

No Snappy Titles Left

I think I've used up all my snappy titles. After several years of blogging I'm all tapped out. Actually I think maybe I just need a vacation. I keep saying my motivation is hanging out on a warm beach sipping mojitos and enjoying a good book so maybe I should join my motivation. I does sound like a great idea! Nothing better then your toes in the sand, reading a good book and sipping on a cold drink.



Not a whole lot going on here in the Luvs2knit household. Same junk just a different day. The base is undergoing a huge inspection so I've pretty much been stuck at home since Shawn is working late hours and weekends. If all goes well this weekend will be ours although they haven't announced if they'll get Presidents Day off or not. It's getting kinda boring sitting around the house and no I don't want to scrub the house from top to bottom just to keep the boredom at bay. Between you and me, I'd rather be bored....just sayin.



Let see if I can play a little catch up here. My mom now has her shawl and loves it to pieces. I've been working on a few test knits for Woolgirl and I have some yarn coming in to knit samples for Miss Babs for Stitches West.



Might as well get started on posting FO's and new goodies that I've received in the mail.



First up is the beaded socks (ravelry).



Beaded Socks



I ended up making these for my mom. The yarn is Huntington sock yarn from WEBS. It's very soft, super cheap, and I loved knitting with it. I see more of this yarn in the future.



Shawn's Iain cabled hoodie (ravelry)(you can find the pattern through various stores online)



Ian Cabled Hoodie



The picture isn't all that great. We had a lot of days with little to no sunshine so an indoor photo was all I could get at the time. All I need to do now is knit the sleeves and hood. Shouldn't take much longer. 



I broke my no yarn till after we move rule to pick up a few skeins of yarn since my last post.



First up is JulieSpins MCN355 in the Ginger Cat and Emerald colorways.



JulieSpins MCN355



JulieSpins MCN 355



I found two people on Ravelry who were destashing these colorways so I had to give them a new home. I can't get enough of this yarn. It's so squishy and soft plus JulieSpins colorways are gooooooorgeous!



My Ruby Slippers Oz Sock Club package came in. You can see it here if you want. This is one of the patterns I test knit for Woolgirl not that long ago.



Next up are two skeins of JulieSpins M420S which is her superwash merino sock yarn.



JulieSpins M420S



These were from her Unclub that she does out on her Ravelry group. The top color is called Golden Glow and the bottom is Beach Plum. I absolutely loooooove these colors. I'm using the yellow one right now to knit the Butterfly Garden Socks (ravelry)(non ravelry).



Then I picked up some Fearless Fibers Merino Cashmere Nylon sock yarn.



Fearless Fibers Merino/Cashmere Sock Yarn



I like Fearless Fibers sock yarn so I wanted to give this MCN base a try. The color way is called Feel the Love and is absolutely gorgeous.



Skein of String Theory Caper sock that I picked up from The Loopy Ewe.



String Theory Caper Sock



This is the Isle colorway. OK, I have to admit it appears I've got a merino/cashmere sock yarn addiction now.



I have in my possession a skein of the new Mountain Colors Crazyfoot sock yarn.



Mountain Colors Crazyfoot



Mountain Colors was having a contest on their blog and I won along with I think 49 other people.....woot! The colorway is Wild Raspberry. As soon as I finish up my sample knits this will be hopping on the needles. I just need to figure out which pattern I want to use. 



Finally this yummy squishy yarn ended up on my doorstep.



Dream in Color Classy



It's Dream in Color Classy in the Deep Sea Flower colorway to knit Cassidy (Ravelry)(non Ravelry) for the TLE 2010 Q1 Sweater Challenge. Thankfully the challenge is going on till July so I have plenty of time to get it finished. This is my "woohoo we got our income tax refund reward".



I have a box full of goodies coming in from Woolgirl's "closing the shop" sale. She posted out on Ravelry that's she closing down the online/store portion of the business and is going to concentrate on kits and clubs. Everything is 35 percent off. I'm sadden to see her close the shop but it's for her health which is more important then yarn.

Now it's time to go wake sleeping beauty (who is snoring on the couch, quite loudly I might add) and go to bed. Course it's very possible that sleeping beauty won't wake up and will sleep on the couch for the night. I swear when Shawn falls asleep on the couch in the evening time it's almost impossible to get him to move.

Happy Crafting!





5 comments:

  1. For someone who wasn't going to enhance the stash, I think you have done an amazing job. I love the Julie Spins. And, I didn't know about Woolgirl. I can understand why she is doing it. Lots to keep track of. I can see I need to join a few groups on Ravelry just to keep up with you. Hope all is well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooooww...definitely a great spend!! And the cassidy pattern is gonna look soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking a blog vacation was a wonderful thing for me and totally recharged my creative juices. It was sad to read about Woolgirl. Even more sad because the Namaste bag I wanted to buy was sold out and I definitely don't need more yarn. Oh well. I'm sure she'll sell out everything in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lookit all the yarn you got!!! you're killing me!
    the hoodie looks really great, I can't wait to see FO pics.
    sometimes its good to take a craft break and recharge your mojo
    I'm so sad to read about Woolgirl..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly socks are going to be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete