May 2, 2011

No Knitting Here, Just Talking bout Terrorists

Hooyah Navy SEALs! A heartfelt thanks to all our armed forces for their sacrifies over these past 9 plus years. To all the first responders on Sept 11 who put their lives on the line to help save lives. A moment of silence for all those individuals who lost their lives on 9/11 and after. I know this isn't over but all these individuals should never be forgotten!


It really bothered me last night to see all these people gathering at the White House and Ground Zero to cheer and celebrate. There shouldn't have been singing, laughing and celebrating. These people were doing basically the same thing that the terrorist did when they killed an American. Going to these places and saying a prayer, reflecting on all that has happened, remembering a loved one, leaving a sign, flowers or lighting candles all would have been acceptable things for last nights annoucement, not cheering and hollering like a bunch of drunk fools at a frat party. I will openly admit that I cheered and did my little snoopy dance in the privacy of my own home. I can not and will not mourn the death of a murderous monster.


Now it's time to sit back and see what happens in the aftermath of bin Ladens death. I keep hearing people saying that this is the end and that bin Laden's death will cause his terrorist organization to crumble and that we should bring our armed forces home from Afghanistan. I personally think the murderous SOB had a backup plan in place if he was ever captured or killed by US forces. If I was a terrorist I'd have a backup plan in place for someone to step up and continue on the fight against the infidels. Ok, who wants to take bets on the fact that this post has sent flags flying on some super computer buried deep in NSA or Homeland Security's headquarters? No Homeland Security I'm not saying I'm a terrorist. I'm saying that I'm trying to think like one or as much like one as I can stomach and I think that the US is far from done with Al Qaeda. I truly hope that I'm wrong and will be happy to admit that I'm wrong if Al Qaeda falls apart. Course there are a lot of other terrorists out there. They all aren't card carrying members of Al Qaeda. 


Of course if you believe the conspiracy theorists they'll say he's not dead and this is some big coverup by our government. I know, I know he's hanging out with Jimmy Hoffa in a bar chatting over beers. If I was the president I'd be leery about releasing death shots of bin Laden. What do you think all the media outlets are going to do with those photos when they get their no morals whatsoever, don't give a crap about anything but shoving their First Amendment rights in everyones face, grubby hands on them? (no I really don't think much of the media) Why, they're going to splash them all over the place where I'm betting quite a few children are going to see the pictures. While I myself could stomach the photos. I do not feel that my two children should see something like that. We don't keep them in a bubble world but we sure as hell don't try to make them grow up fast by being exposed to something like that.


I've talked to several non military persons that have had a really hard time explaining this to their children. We have talked quite a bit with Kaity about this and she seems to grasp it. Maybe it's because she's a child of someone who is active duty and so are over 90% of the kids in her school. Deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq are a part of every day life. Being a military brat is tough. You learn how to live without mom or dad and in some instances both for 9 months to a year......sometimes even longer then that. You're well versed in how to use a computer to chat on Facebook or Skype. You learn what you can and can't send to mommy or daddy while they are gone. You get use to losing friends all the time because they move or you have to move. Kaity's living through that right now. Her two best friends are moving. One is moving to Japan this month and the other one is heading to Maryland during the summer. She's already lost one friend last summer because her dad retired. Bree isn't going to have to deal with military life as long since Shawn retires in Oct of 2012 and we can finally have a home of our own knowing we'll never have to leave it if we don't want too or worry about deployments.


I'll be back in a few days with a knitting related post. I just needed to post this to get it off my chest. 



2 comments:

  1. I am one of those who is not 100% convince that they got bin Laden. Maybe 99%....and altho they said they buried his body at sea I am pretty well convinced it is not where they said they did it. The citizens need closure but not details.
    I am glad that we did what we set out to do 10+ years ago. But it bothers me that a newspaper would put out headlines like ROT IN HELL. As you said, please dont let us lower ourselves to their level.
    I also am concerned about what comes next. Those people will always have a leader. Worse than bin Laden? Possibly. Better than him? Possibly if you are thinking 'better' means more attacks etc.
    I do not think they will immediately attack on US land. But I think they will attack. On our citizens and people in other lands...on our allies. But they will attack. Becuase that is how they are brought up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS But God Bless the USA! And all those who put their lives on the line, and disrupt their family lives, to defend it - whether they are military, or police, or firefighers. And bless all those innocents who lost their lives because of evil.

    ReplyDelete