Oct 27, 2008

Is It Really Fall?

This is going to be a long post so head into the kitchen and grab yourself a drink and a snack.....................

Ready? OK, here we go!

Remember that snow I posted about? Well we haven't seen any more of that but the weather has been what I consider freakishly warm for this time of year. It's suppose to hit into the 70's for Tues & Wed....crazy, I know! The good news is that Friday is looking good for the trick or treaters. Last year it was freezing and the wind was blowing really bad.....not much of a shock if you've ever been in/lived in Great Falls. The wind is a pretty common occurrence here.

We have a new addition to the luvs2knit family.

DSC05986

We purchased a 16 gallon aquarium for a steal at PetCo a few weeks back. It's all set up now and is happily housing 3 guppies (all male), 4 different mollies, and 2 cory catfish. The picture was taken before the guppies and cory catfish were added. The girls love watching the fish swim around. Bree has taken to sitting in her rocking chair in front of the tank.

I aquired a few things during the last sale at Woolgirl.

DSC05997

I needed to get a skein of sports weight yarn for Kaity's inner mittens so why not throw in a little extra to round out the order. I picked up the purple Unique Sheep Foot Prints sock yarn for Kaity's mittens, Union Center Knits WhatKnot Sport weight sock yarn, and the Journey Cable Socks pattern.

I've been very busy on the knitting front. Those of you on Ravelry may have already seen some of my finished projects. I've been working on finishing up old WIPs. I'm actually down to three WIPs and one of those will be finished this evening.

Reverse Miter Dishcloth (Ravelry)(non Ravelry)

DSC05996

It's a fun and easy pattern so if you're looking for something simple and you're tired of working the Grandma's Favorite cloth I recomend you try this one.

Breast Cancer Awareness Illusion Cloth (Ravelry)(non Ravelry)

DSC06009

I love illusion patterns. They're easy but cool looking. I used left over cotton for this cloth. I'm not sure if the yarn is Peaches & Creme or Sugar N' Cream truthfully, I can't tell the difference between the two.

Errant Socks (Ravelry)

DSC05992

These are from Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines. I started these for my mom using some Kraemer Sterling Silk and Silver sock yarn I picked up from WEBS awhile back. If you love cables on your socks then you might want to give this pattern a try. I highly recommend enlarging the charts and color coding them for easy reading.

Elegant & East Cable Mittens for the Family (Ravelry)

DSC06082

The pattern can be found in the book 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. This seems to be my "go to" pattern for mittens. Both pair were knit for Kaity. The purple ones are made using The Unique Sheep Foot Prints sock yarn I purchased from Woolgirl and are inner mittens so I left the cable off. The multi colored ones were made with half a skein of Plymouth Galway Paint. Kaity's already worn them several times and has deemed them perfect. I made them a little on the big side so she should get plenty of wear out of them.

Woven Headband (Ravelry) (non Ravelry)

DSC06096

This is one of those old WIPs that I was tired of seeing in the draw. It's getting colder now so I figured Kaity would have a use for it if I finished it up. The yarn used is Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb which was a gift from a friend. The yarn has a surprising amount of bounce when knit up although it doesn't feel like that in the skein.

Bamboo Toe Up Socks

DSC06101

The pattern was generated using Sock Wizard for Mac....yes I'm too lazy to do the math myself! I knit these socks for Kaity using some Regia Bamboo sock yarn that my mom sent me quite a few months ago. I knit them toe up, turkish cast on, two at a time, magic loop, with a k3, p2 ribbing on the leg and I used EZ's sewn cast off.

I finally spent a couple of hours and seamed my Rogue (Ravelry) (non Ravelry).

DSC06107

DSC06108

There isn't much seaming involved with this sweater but yet it sat in the bag for months waiting to be finished.

Cable Comfort Throw (Ravelry) (non Ravelry)

DSC06124

I finally finished and it only took me 13 months. Course it would have went a lot faster had I stuck with knitting it instead of casting on new projects. Once I set my mind too it it didn't take long at all. I used approx 7.5 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick.

Wow, that was a long post.

I'll be back in a few days (hopefully) with a new, shorter post. I should be done with Kaity's coat by then. I also received a new test knit from Madelinetosh that I'll be starting.


Happy Crafting!



12 comments:

  1. Wow - you have been busy! Love the fish tank - I keep hearing in my mind Flounder from The Little Mermaid saying, "I'm no guppy!" :-)
    And Rogue and your cabled throw look awesome - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been busy!! Those are great. I've got 3 inches before I can start sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. busy busy! love the pics of the girls- Kaity looks so grown up and Bree on the sofa with the crazy hair!
    again I am way behind posting and updating my wips.. this upper respitory infection knocked me loopy for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You put us all to shame! I've got to try those socks in MD Knitting Part Deux. Looks great! Love the Rogue Hoody, too. And an aghan?!? Hanging head in shame from lack of FO's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been one busy knitter. I love all the stuff you made for woolgirl. Now it's your turn to relax in front of that fishtank in the rocker with the throw. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sweater and the detail work on the bottom of the sleeves! It came out really well. Glad to see some finished objects and big ones at that! The throw came out really nice and love the cabling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy girl! What a great job on Rogue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such beautiful knitting! The Rogue is lovely! I'll be watching your progress on the cabled socks as I might want to get that pattern one of these days. The weather is absolutely gorgeous here today too. It doesn't feel like winter could ever arrive when we're outside without jackets in the sunshine. Definitely not typical late October weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh please help me understand the illusion knitting. My son has asked me to make him a red and black scarf with the hurricane flag logo on it. That is just a simple black square with a red border around it. I've looked online to get some knitting instructions but so far haven't gotten very far. Your illusion cloth is so very nice. Did you make up this pattern? Where can I find enough information online to make the scarf I described. Remember, I have never done this before. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I love seeing all your projects. Congrats on finishing that great blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geeze you've been a busy gal. And finish the blanket before casting on more projects? That's just crazy talk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow busy hands make many projects.

    ReplyDelete