Feb 22, 2009

Boring is Boring

Wow, I'm completely lacking in the blog department. No thoughts, no witty stories, nothing! Actually I don't have a lot of knitting to blog about either. I've been working on my sisters scarf and can't seem to put it down so it's the only thing I've really knit on since I started it the other day. It's made out of Malabrigo so can you really blame me.

Here's a not so glamorous shot of it in progress.

DSC06849

There's about 40" complete with another 15-20" or so to go.I'll get a better picture of it after I'm done with it.The scarf will probably be done and in the mail by Wed at the latest. Then I'll head back to the two pair of socks I have on the needles or finish up the last 8 rows of my Bee Field shawl.

After a lot of contemplating and some major thinking I've decided that my spinning wheel is neglected way to much. Knitting is my one love and I can't seem to split time between knitting and spinning. So I've sold off some of the fiber I had purchased and am now looking for a new home for the wheel.

DSC06845

It's an Ashford Traveller, double treadle, single drive with a clear lacquer finish. I'm asking $450 plus shipping of choice. I've posted out on Ravelry but thought I'd see if there's a spinner who reads the blog who may love the wheel and give it the attention it deserves.

I did receive some goodies in the mail.

Woolgirl Order

I made a small purchase from Woolgirl. I was after the square needles to try so I bought a pair of size 8's and to justify the shipping I threw in a skein of Neighborhood Fiber Co Watershed sock yarn. It's a seacell sock yarn. Colorway is: Sheridan Circle. I really like the Square needles. The cable is very flexible....way more then Knit Picks circular cables and I thought theirs was the most flexible. The only problem I've had is the joins catching on the yarn I was knitting. I'm not sure how well these would work for lace knitting but I was knitting a dishcloth and it didn't really bother me. I'm going to pick up a pair for sock knitting to see if I like them for magic loop. The people who seem to be having the most problem are those who are really tight knitters. I only bought one needles because I didn't want to fork out a lot of money just in case I didn't like them.

I think that pretty much sums up my overly exciting week. I have more goodies that should be showing up on my doorstep to include a skein of Sweet Georgia sock yarn and a much anticipated skein of cashmere dk weight yarn from Zen Yarn Garden which will become a very yummy cowl.



7 comments:

  1. The scarf is lovely! Your sis will be so pleased. Hope you can sell the wheel. Today chunk of change that can go for a little more stash enhancement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a pair of size one's squares! Great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could afford your wheel. However, the shipping to get my husband here from Korea is just too expensive.
    I love the KP circulars for socks because they are so much sharper than addis. The metal ones don't tend to catch as much as the Harmony wood, but that's just my unscientific opinion.
    If for some reason you haven't sold your wheel by May, contact me. I have a birthday then and I might be able to pull some strings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! That wheel is beautiful! I'll have to think about it....
    Not as pretty as the malabrigo scarf though. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see where you don't have time for the wheel. It's really nice and I'm sure you'll find a good home for it. I have enough yarn to keep me busy for a while so adding another hobby would just get in the way. Nice scarf, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the scarf looks yummy.
    selling your wheel????? ack! I wish I had known that 2 months ago. but I do love my ladybug and I'm not sure how she would like having a 3rd wheel in the house. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. dang, if I had the cash on hand I would totally take the spinning wheel off your hands, :( doh
    hmmm I've been wanting the try the square needles but I mainly knit socks...don't know if I'd like kinking all the time...

    ReplyDelete