Feb 17, 2009

Hello World

I'm up in the air over the 10 days it took me to get another blog post out here. It's not my longest quiet period but it's not the shortest either. I wonder if I'll ever get back to regular posts? Probably not. I do have some stuff to share with you so this post will most likely be picture heavy. Sorry in advance to those who have a slow internet connection.

I have a new toy! I got a brand new Apple iMac..... Yes, yes I know, I know, I'm spoiled.....thank you! (takes a big bow to the crowd)

New Baby

Actually I've been waiting three very long years to upgrade my computer. Other more important things have come up. We ended up going to Helena because there is no where in this town that has
Macs in stock (only special order).....man do I miss Best Buy!!!!

We didn't buy from Apple because our stupid "soon to not be" bank has decided that I'm to stupid to know how to handle my debit card properly and put a very low spending cap on it and then proceeded to tell me that it will take 24 business hours to raise my limit. Plus I really didn't want to wait through the long weekend and I helped support a local business. We asked for the raise increase on our cards only to find out that it won't do us any good because they count all pending authorizations as part of your limit so everything has to clear before the purchase amount is good. They tell us it's for our protection but it's really just there to cover the banks butt. After we found out it that if for some reason we had our wallet stolen and someone used our card that it would take the bank 2-3 weeks (yes weeks!!!) to get the money back into our account we decided it was time to change banks. All this occurred because we wanted to buy an elliptical machine from Amazon. The stupid bank told us to use an electronic check since it doesn't have a limit and you can do that with Amazon so we tried but our bank works it so that you have to have both individuals names put into the system for the computer system to accept it but Amazon only gives you the room to put in one name which is what any other normal bank requires on a joint account. So here I am still waiting to spend my money because my bank doesn't think I have enough responsibility to manage my money correctly. As a responsible 30 year old adult I really resent the banks need to control me through my money. No this is not a little bank it is a very well know major nationwide bank with the word US in it!

OK, rant is over with! Now it's time to go back to knitting related stuff.

First up is my yummy shipment from The Lord of the Rings Sock Club.

The Unique Sheep Foot Prints

The Unique Sheep didn't disappoint! The yarn sent with this shipment is Foot Prints and the color is Hobbiton. It came with a cool pattern by Lobug Design. If you want to see the pattern knit up head on over to the Ravelry page for a look. All I took a pic of was the yarn. We also got the pattern, tea, and a button.

I've picked up a few skeins of yarn here and there from Ravelry destashes.

Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Heather

Rowan Cotton Glace

The top pic is of two skeins of Shelridge Farms soft touch heather sock yarn and the bottom pic is of two skeins of Rowan Cotton Glace. The sock yarn I bought just because I wanted too and it was very reasonably priced. The Rowan Cotton Glace was bought because I have a dress pattern in mind for it to make for Bree. I'm making things easy for myself this year and am making some of the dresses that have a knit top and a cotton fabric skirt. This way I can make several dresses for both girls.

Yummy mmmmmmmmmMalabrigo!

Malabrigo Worsted

Man do I love thee! Malabrigo is definitely knitters crack! This was also bought with a specific project in mind. Some few months back I promised my sister a scarf. I forgot about the promise and I'm pretty sure I made said promise before the holidays which makes me an even worse sister. Loving sis asked about said scarf the other day and I had one of those head smacking "doh" moments. Do you think this lovely Malabrigo worsted is enough to get me out of the doghouse? The colorway is Oceanos and I bought it from The Loopy Ewe. I'm planning on using the My So Called Scarf pattern (Ravelry)(non Ravelry).

Amidst all the yarn buying I did manage to finish a few things too. Wow, Shock and Awe, what a surprise, I finished something. ;~)

Inner Truth Scarf

First up is the Inner Truth Scarf (Ravelry)(non Ravelry) that I knit for the Crystal Palace Yarns KAL. I used a little less then 3 skeins of Bunny Hop so I have two more skeins that I need to figure out what to make. I'm thinking I have enough to make one of the girls a hat. I've mailed off the scarf and when they're done photographing it they'll send it back to me.

A dishcloth!

Kiss Me Dishcloth

I know, not exactly a challenging project. This was for the 1 Feb Monthly Dishcloth KAL. It's been thrown into the dishcloth pile until someone needs it. If anyone needs some dishcloths or knows someone who does, let me know I'll send you some.

Stripey Stripey socks are done.

Stripey Socks

I finished these the other day while we were out running around. There's still enough yarn leftover to make a pair of socks for Bree. I've put it in to the leftover sock yarn pile which is getting pretty big now. The yarn is Red Hearts sock yarn Heart & Sole and the colorway is Spring Stripe.

I've also finished one sample sock for Woolgirl and am about halfway through a second sock but I can't show these to you yet.

I started a pair of Baudelaires (Ravelry)(non Ravelry) for the informal KAL in the Makin' Cookies Ravelry group.

Baudelaire Socks

There's a KAL going on while waiting for the new CookieA book to be released. I've already pre-ordered my copy right along with the new WendyKnits book.

I'll leave you all with this.

Lots o Fun

Havin' Fun

We bought a bouncy ballpit for the girls. Well they paid for part of it with the money they've gotten for holidays and such. They didn't have enough so Shawn and I kicked in the rest so they could get it.

Happy Crafting!



7 comments:

  1. Yeah bouncy ball pit! looks like fun
    and the shiney new Mac...oohh shiney. how're you liking it?
    I love my LOTR sock club yarn.. cannot wait to knit it up (soon hopefully)
    all your goodies are making me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also kicked the bank we had for over 10 years to the curb and started with USAA. Best decition ever, I tell you. Anyway all that yummy yarn should have put you in a better mood again I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green with envy on the IMac!!! And don't you just love the banks!! Really, I almost hate to see them get bailed out. They and credit card companies should rot in you know where. Predators all! Nice stash enhancement and FO's. Malabrigo love!! The girls sure look like they are having fun. Wish that had been around when The Deputy was little. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the Mac was pretty cool, and then I saw the photo of the Malabrigo. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I want a bouncy ball pit! Since we have no furniture for the new house, maybe we should put one of those in our living room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Welcome to the Mac awesomeness. :) Love the ball pit! We've probably busted 5 in our offices/home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooowww bummer about the bank. How odd for them to be that way.
    That is one nice looking computer. I'm always excited when I can finally get new gadgets.
    As always great scores on stash enhancements. :)

    ReplyDelete