Apr 22, 2009

Lots of FO's

OK, where do I start? It's been so long since I posted about anything (not counting my post on the Bee Fields shawl). I'm not sure where to even start. Guess I should just jump in feet first and go from there. This is going to be a long post so feel free to grab a beverage and a snack. I'll wait....I promise!

Guess I'll start with finished projects for todays post. I have quite a few of those. Then I can cover new projects and goodies in the next post.


First up is my cashmere cowl.


Cashmere Marvel Cowl


I used Zen Yarn Garden Cashmere DK, colorway Truffles and the pattern is the Marvel Cowl (ravelry)(non ravelry). I had to add a few extra pattern repeats because the cowl was coming out to small. It's super warm and of course the weather has been warm so I haven't gotten a chance to wear it.


My Rainbow Baby Cable Rib Socks.


Rainbow Baby Cable Rib Socks


I really like how these turned out. The yarn is Paca Peds with the heel and toe yarn, colorway Tye Dye. I actually had more then enough yarn to knit the cuff too but I worked a short row heel instead of a heel flap. The pattern is the Baby Cable Ribbing from Sensational Knitted Socks. I worked this toe up, toe at a time. There's enough yarn left to make some shortie socks for Kaity.


I finished my toe up bamboo socks.


Toe up Bamboo Socks


These were knit using Regia bamboo sock yarn. I can't remember the colorway and frankly I'm to lazy busy to look it up. They're just a basic toe up sock with stockinette foot, short row heel, and k2, p2 ribbing on the leg. The Regia bamboo was nice to knit with although it was a tad splitty. I haven't found a non wool sock yarn that isn't a tad splitty.


My Sweet Lime Monkey socks.


Sweet Lime Monkey Sock


These were knit for the April Makin' Cookies KAL. I've knit this pattern several times but never for myself so I figured it was about time to make a pair of Monkeys for myself. The yarn is Yarn Pirate merino/bamboo/nylon sock yarn. The colorway is one of the Booty club colors called Sweet Lime. I bought it from someone who was destashing on Ravelry. I love how the yarn striped with this pattern.


Simple Garter Stitch Shawl called Mara.


Simple Garter Stitch Shawl


This was my test knit for Madelinetosh. Kaity was kind enough to help me model it for pictures. It's a comfy garter stitch shawl with a simple ribbing. The pattern should be available soon. It uses 3 skeins of Tosh worsted and is super comfy.


Fauxbious test knit for Woolgirl.


Lace Club Test Knit


This was the first shipment for the Woolgirl lace club. I test knit it awhile back. The yarn is Malabrigo Lace.


Easter egg dishcloth.


Easter Egg Dishcloth


This was the 1 April KAL cloth for the Monthly Dishcloth KAL group.


I think this sums up most of the things I've finished here in the past few weeks. I'll leave you with my little princess modeling the new tank top her grandma (my mom) made her. She loves it!


My Girly Girl


Happy Crafting!




5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I am in awe of your FO's. Everything looks great. I especially love the Monkeys. I think I need to start another pair just because I love the pattern so much. Your cuties are, well, cute!! Terrific models. Hugs to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how fast you knit! That is a lot of great FOs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't stand the cuteness that is Bree! aaaakkkk! give her smoochies for me.
    LOVE the socks, you are a sock knittin machine.. and the cowel is beautiful-
    I'm liking the shawl too.. BUT the question is would I ever use it? hhmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! And the projects are nice also! You manage to get so much done in such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete