Apr 29, 2009

Snow! Seriously!!

It's snowing here and not just a little bit but a whole lot. Yesterday we broke the record with 8.1 inches of snow and it still continued to snow after midnight so who knows what we are up to now. All I know it this is what my back yard looks like.
**Edited to add: Just found out that as of noon today we've received another 9.9 inches of snow. All total the records say we've received 19 inches of snow over the last 2 days.....sheesh!

More Damn Snow


More Damn Snow


It's insane! To make matters worse, it's still snowing and it's not the nice light & fluffy type of snow it's that wet, heavy snow. Kaity was almost 2 hours late for school because it took Shawn forever to clear the driveway and the sad part is he was using a friends snow blower. He's already stated that he'll be buying a snow blower! This is the second time this year we've had to use one to get our car out of our garage. December was a bad month for snow too. I'm so ready for the warm to come back. The only thing good about the snow is that it'll push back fire season. The wetter it stays the longer it staves off the fires.


Well enough about my crappy weather. On to the good stuff that you all are here for.


I received my second LOTR sock club shipment.


LOTR Sock Club


We received The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes. The colorway is Prince of the Wood Elves. I've already knit up the pattern.


Prince of the Wood Elves Socks


This is the first sock club sock yarn and pattern that I've used in awhile. One side of the sock has a lacy leaf pattern and the other side has a bow and arrow pattern. I just fell in love with the pattern and yarn color. I'm not a big tinsel sock yarn lover and normally avoid sock yarns that have tinsel in them but I just couldn't pass this one up. I'll be making this pattern again with some other socks yarn. I'm thinking maybe some Dream in Color Smooshy.


I received my last shipment of the Yarntini Happy Hour sock club which included my self striping bonus skein.


Yarntini Sock Yarn


The final shipment was a semi sold called Honeytini and is gorgeous! I decided to go with the Appletini self striping. I'd love to get a few more skeins of self striping. I'm still on my self striping sock yarn kick.


Picked up a skein of Trekking Handart from TLE awhile back.


Trekking Hand Art


I needed to order some more soap so I threw in a skein of yarn to justify the shipping. It's a fairly mute color and not normally what I buy but I like it. Wonder if it's because the name of the colorway is Ireland. Who knows!


I also got a skein of Cascade Heritage Handpaint when I needed to order some needles a week or so later.


Cascade Heritage Handpaint sock yarn


Gotta get something to go with the needles....right? I know it's not as if I really needed another skein of sock yarn but hey I'm on a sock kick again and have knit several pair so I need to replace the yarn I've used.


I also received some new books. I'll spare you all the pictures. I picked up: The Eclectic Sole, Toe up Techniques, Sock Innovations and Socks from the Toe Up.


I finished the April mid-month cloth for the Monthly Dishcloth KAL group.


April Showers Cloth


It was a pretty simple cloth. I used Peaches & Creme, color Faded Denim.


I do have one sock project going right now but will start one for the Makin' Cookies KAL that starts 1 May.


Toe Up Regia socks


These are just a simple pair of socks using some self striping Regia sock yarn I bought from someone who was destashing it on Ravelry. I'll probably use a simple ribbing on the leg after the heel turn. It's my "to go" project so I only work on them when I'm out and about.


I'm also working on a little lacy cardi for Kaity to wear over her shirts.


Lacy Cardi


She has a cotton one that was bought for her almost two years ago by my mom. The poor kiddo is growing out of it so she needs a new one. I'm using a acrylic yarn for this one for easy washability but will probably make her another one for winter wear later this year.


I'm also working on a project for my TLE swap pal but for obvious reason I can't post about it until she's received her box. I should be getting a new test knit from Woolgirl in the next day or two also. It's for one of the club packages so it'll be awhile before I can post that one. I think I pretty much covered everything.


Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. wow, so much going on! we are so coming over to play in the snow...
    Kaity's sweater will be so cute, and I love the way the regina sock is striping up and your Prince of the Wood Elves are freakin' georgous. I really gotta get going on mine...
    you have awesome taste in sock yarn, I love everything you get

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We are getting some snow, but nothing like you all are getting. Just remember, it will melt fast. :) Love all the projects. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got snow too but not anywhere near the amount that you got. We're supposed to get more tonight. It sure doesn't feel like the end of April.
    Beautiful yarn and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sock pattern is cool! Seriously?! Snow?! I'm so ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete