Nov 1, 2009

A Little Progress

I'm up with a sick kiddo so I figured I might as well start a blog post. Might as well put my time to good use, right? Kaity is sick with the flu and Shawn's getting over his bout with it although he still has a cough that is driving him crazy. I'm have my fingers and toes crossed that Bree and I escape the crude but seeing as we're surrounded by it it'll be amazing if we don't catch it.


I have finished a few projects since my last knitting related post but that shouldn't be to surprising since my last knitting related post was almost a month ago.



The Raspberries & Chocolate Mallow socks (ravelry)(non ravelry).

Raspberries & Chocolate Mallow Socks



I knit these with Frog Creek Fibers Ebullient sock yarn in the Raspberries and Chocolate colorway. The colors are gorgeous, the yarn was nice to work with and I really enjoy the fit of these socks. I will be trying some of their other base yarns.

I'm trekking right along on my moms Whispering Pines shawl (ravelry)(non ravelry).



Whispering Pines Shawl



I'm actually not far from starting the edging on the shawl. I do believe I have around 21 rows left before starting the edging.

I started Mara (ravelry)(non ravelry) for my trip to and back from Oregon.



Mara Shawl



I'm using Araucania Nature Wool which I picked up on sale at WEBS awhile back. I want to make this as big as possible so I have something warm to use when I'm sitting in my chair. The only time I worked on this was in the car with the exception of one evening at my granny's house where I knit maybe one row before swapping to a pair of socks.

I finished my stripey Regia socks.



Toe up Regia Socks



Their just a basic toe up sock with a short row heel and a picot cuff. I used a Turkish cast on and knit until I was bored with them. The stripes aren't matched up with this pair. I thought I had it but they were off by several rows and I didn't feel like ripping them out to start again.

We got snow a few days before Halloween.



Snow...Yuck!



Friggin' crazy weather! It melted in about 2 days but all total I think we ended up with about 4 inches in town. I don't think we got quite as much on the base.

Thankfully Kaity didn't get sick until the day after Halloween so she was able to go out Trick or Treating for a little bit.



Happy Halloween



They both had a lot of fun. Kaity went as Mitchie from Camp Rock and Bree was a little bumble bee. I think Bree was just as excited to hand out candy to other kids as she was to get candy.


I did get some goodies since my last post. I'll just link to my Flickr account since some of these could possibly be spoilers for some people. My Woolgirl Emerald City Wizard of Oz sock club kit made it in. So did the 3rd installment from the Zen Yarn Garden Spin Art fiber club, Lord of the Rings sock club, and My Perfect Fall is Halloween Kit.



My first skein of Bugga! that I managed to snag from some one who was destashing on Ravelry.

The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga!



I can see why people are going crazy about it but I'm not going to miss sleep or go crazy trying to get more when there are other cashmere base sock yarns out there that are beautifully dyed and easier to get. Yes, yes I know it has 20% cashmere but frankly I think ZYG's Serenity sock is just as squishy and soft and it's a whole lot easier to buy. That said, if I had some extra cash and I stumbled upon some in an update I would buy it if I liked the colors.

I'll leave you all with a pic of my little yarn hugger.



My Little Helper



Bree is my knitting helper. She loves helping me take pictures of
yarn and projects and sits in my lap to help me knit. Plus she loves to "fuzz" the yarn. For some reason Bree asks to fuzz instead of feel but only when it involves yarn. She always asks if she can "fuzz it" when I get a new skein of yarn. I've
even caught her sniffing it. The kid is a crack up in a yarn store. She treats the yarn as if it's super special (of course it is and I've taught her well). I think I have a yarn addict in the making. :~)



3 comments:

  1. You have taught Bree well. The very fact that she likes to pet and smell yarn says she will love it her whole life. Very, very nice Fo's and stash enhancement. I have yet to snag a skein of Bugga. I'm currently in love with String Theory Caper Sock and Handmaiden Casbah. Just not going to chase the craziness. Sorry to hear you have a sick little one. Hope it doesn't spread any further. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great knits as always!
    I love that Bree "felts" the yarn, so funny! you have an awesome little helper, keep up the good work
    hope Kaity feels better soon and that you & Bree stay germ free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute outfits for halloween! The raspberry and chocolate mallow yarn is lovely, I may have to track some down for me.

    ReplyDelete