Dec 4, 2009

Been Over A Month....Wow!

It's hard to believe it's been over a month since my last post. All I can say is things have been super busy here in the Luvs2knit household. We've been dealing with all the wonderful viruses that are floating around making everyone sick.

Then to make things even more fun, in the beginning of November I started having this pain that was shooting down the back of my leg to my knee. I went to the doctor who referred me to physical therapy here on the base who managed to make the problem even worse by causing the pain to work its way all the way down my leg, half my foot and calf to go numb and my leg go into spasms every time I sat down. I had to fight for several weeks before I finally got my referral to see another physical therapist. There was no way I was going back to see the crazy lady who tried to cripple me. Turns out that my back spasms have caused me a lot more then just a little bit of pain and have now managed to cause my muscles to start locking down and pushing on my sciatic nerve. I'm seeing a wonderful physical therapist in town who has really helped me out. I'm now having less pain and am finally starting to do a few things around the house.

We've heard back on our medical clearances for Germany. The girls and I are cleared to go so we're leaving for Mannheim Germany in March. Thankfully we were able to get the report date pushed back otherwise Shawn would have had to have left for Germany in Jan and the girls and I would have stayed here to get our house packed up and cleaned before heading over to meet up with him.

I'll be destashing yarn here in the next few weeks. I'm not looking
forward to weeding through my stash but I can't take it all so I'm
going to have to decide what to destash.

I have tons of knitting projects both finished and in progress to post about along with a few goodies that I've gotten in the mail. I'll try to post here soon. I have a lot of pictures to take and the weather isn't looking very promising for picture taking. We're getting ready to get hit with a winter storm tonight and could see up to 12 inches of snow.....yuck! Plus the temps are getting ready to plummet to the subzero range for the next few days. I'm planning to knit and stay here in the house where it's warm. Even Starbucks can't tempt me out when this storm hit.



4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your pain, but so glad you are getting better. It does all depend on the therapist, I know. We're going to get some snow and nasty cold temps, too. Stay warm and knit to your heart's content. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Also very glad to know everyone gets to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you! The reason the military approved you is that they sensed you didn't want to go. I'm sure you already knew that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got a better pt person... does she know how it happened?
    and you got clearance!! that is great! I think you will have a great time and it will be a good experience for the girls

    ReplyDelete