Aug 25, 2008

Rockstar!

Now I have Nickleback's song Rockstar ** stuck in my head. I totally felt like a rockstar when I saw my name in Amy's post showing the last sample knit I did for her. I have the pics I took but the ones in her post are way better then mine. Woolgirl also posted about this knit and has one additional picture that wasn't in Amy's post.

** Song has cussing in it, though this video has it bleeped out.

DSC05412

My pic was taken late at night so it's crappy. I took the pic at night so I could get the sweater packed to send with Shawn to drop off at the PO the next morning. Normally I just request a carrier pick up but USPS has a cutoff time for pickup the next day. The pattern is Amherst by Dolce Handknits. I really enjoyed working with the Tosh Worsted (Rav)(non-Rav). It's very soft and as always the colors are gorgeous. Woolgirl is carrying the Tosh Worsted and Dolce Handknits patterns. I definitely see some Tosh worsted in the near future. I'm thinking either a warm wrap/shawl or a hat/scarf set. I'm leaning toward the shawl/wrap since I stay indoors a lot in the winter.

I did acquire a couple of skeins of yarn since my last post.

DSC05643

I picked this up from a Ravelry user who was destashing. I'm planning to use it to make socks for the girls. It's time to get started on socks for them since winter is just around the corner.

I'm attempting the Twisted Flower Socks (Rav)(non-Rav) again.

DSC05654

Here's a close up of the pattern.

DSC05656

The socks are going much better this time. It's a little snug going over the heel but it's very comfortable on the foot. I'm using Dream in Color Smooshy, color Lunar Zazzle. I've actually finished the first sock and am about halfway through the cuff of the second sock. These were the better pics.

I knit a dishcloth.

DSC05664

Pattern is the Quilted Diamond Cloth by Rachel of Knits By Rachel (Rav)(non-Rav). I highly recommend her patterns. They're well written and she has some great patterns.

Another dishcloth.

DSC05673

This pattern is NunuYaya (Rav)(non-Rav). It's a tad fiddly to start but I really enjoyed knitting it. This is the yarn I was knitting the woven basket dishcloth with. I couldn't finish the cloth because it hurt my hands to knit it. I could only knit 2-3 rows before needing to put it up. So I frogged it and found a more hand friendly pattern.

I also made a pair of socks for Kaity.

DSC05734
 
A simple sock knit toe up. I used the Turkish cast on and a short row heel. The yarn is Opal Rainbow and I used 2.5mm needles. I'm not matching stripes for these socks since Kaity said she didn't care if they matched. I knit the foot in stockinette and added k2, p2 ribbing for the cuff and used a picot bind off.

For now I'm working on my socks and other WIPs that I have but soon I will have yarn for two more sample/test knits, one for Madelinetosh and one for Woolgirl.

No one can accuse me of not staying busy!

Happy Crafting!



10 comments:

  1. The sweater looks awesome! They really got some nice shots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cables really pop in the Smooshy yarn.
    The yarn in the sweater almost makes it look crocheted. (Maybe it's the lighting, but I love, love, love crocheted sweaters.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great .... as always. I gotta say I love Kaity's socks because I know she was glowing just wearing them. Love how the little ones love our knitting so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful knitting! I don't think I'd be a very good test knitter because I wouldn't want to give up the finished items. I love the Twisted Flower socks in DIC! I'll have to keep it in mind for some of mine. I think I even have the same colorway in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that blue sock. Maybe some day I'll get around to knitting a set. The sweater looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater and socks are awesome!! Great knitting going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lotta stuff!
    the twisted flower socks look great and I really love your dishcloths-
    not sleeping much? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are busy, busy, busy!!! Good job on twisted flower. That's a tough one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sock pattern is gorgeous especially in the colorway you chose:)Hugs Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab pattern on the blue sock, interesting dishcloth shape.

    ReplyDelete