Aug 14, 2008

I'm Alive, I Swear!

Yikes, it's been 10 days since I posted. Would you all believe that I was kidnapped by aliens over a week ago and they just returned me last night? No! All right I'm a slacker! I took my knitting with me when the aliens kidnapped me so I have some FOs to show you.

First up, the Phenomena Socks:

DSC05609

I finally finished them! Yippy! To recap these socks were knit two at a time toe up. I did a plain ribbed sock and the yarn used was from Zen Yarn Garden's Art Walk Sock Club. I love the socks it just took forever for me to complete them.

Next is the Bubble Gum Striped Dress:

DSC05625

Over all it didn't take all that long to complete. I started it the July 5th and finished 12 Aug. I did set it aside for a few weeks to finish some sample and test knits. The pattern (A Good Stripe Dress) is from Interweave Knits Spring 08 issue and the yarn is Knit Picks Shine Sport in Hydrangea, Blush, and Silver Sage knit on US2/2.75mm needles.

I finished another hat for Kristy's Hat Quest (Rav) (non Rav).

DSC05614

This is hat number three and this payday they will be winging their way to Colleen who is collecting hats for Kristy. I made this one with Di.Ve' Teseo.

Old Meow now has a new hat and scarf.

DSC05629

I used some left over Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted to make a hat that Old Meow requested. Since Old Meow requested a new hat he needed a new scarf too. He's asking for mittens but I'm not sure how dedicated I am to knit 4 tiny mittens for a beanie baby cat. If Old Meow ever wants another hat I now know that I need to start the decreases as soon as I finish the ribbing so he doesn't end up with a hat that looks like it was made for a gnome.

I bought a skein of Cascade Heritage.

DSC05619

I picked this up from my TLE swap pal who was destashing on Ravelry. I wanted to try the Heritage, it helped someone I know destash, and it saved me on shipping costs. Can't go wrong. Wanna hear something crazy, she mailed the yarn from Maryland via First Class mail on Saturday and I recieved the yarn on Monday. Talk about crazy fast shipping!

Oh look more yarn!

DSC05640

My box from WEBS came in yesterday! This represents my whole stash budget for the month of August but hey I got one heck of a discount. You need to get the big discount, right? The red yarn is Valley Yarns Berkshire and it'll be used to make the A-Line Child's Coat (Rav) (non Rav). The 4 skeins of blue is Cascade 220 Superwash which will be used to knit my cousins cabled baby blanket (Rav). To qualify for the higher discount and get a better deal I threw in (for me) some ShibuiKnits Sock yarn and some of the Kraemer Sterling Silk & Silver.

Does anyone else notice that I'm still on a green kick?

I have started a new pair of socks for myself but there isn't enough for a picture yet. I'm attempting the Twisted Flower Socks (Rav) (non Rav) again. Some of you may remember me trying to knit these in the middle of our big move from Idaho to Montana. It didn't fair well, I messed up the sock and it turned out to small so ribbit ribbit off to the frog pond it went. This time I'm using Dream in Color Smooshy color Lunar Zazzle that I got from Woolgirl.

School isn't far from starting back up. I for one can not wait! School means quiet time in the morning and afternoon which in turns means that my Bee Fields shawl (Rav) (non Rav) will come back out of hidding and My Preeeecious (my spinning wheel) will be dusted off. I can't concentrate enough to do either one with Kaity constently asking me for something.

I love Lord of the Rings. The books were awesome and the movies were pretty good too. So seeing as I love LOTR I've signed up for The Unique Sheeps LOTR sock club. I could not pass this one up! Now I have to wait till Feb for my first shipment....yikes! I for one can't wait.

That's about it for now. I'll try not to go so long without posting but I can't promise.



8 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! That post was worth the wait! Glad all is well. Enjoy the last few days with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaity's dress looks so great! Oh I love the picture, too freakin cute.
    what's with the green lately?
    and I'm seriously debating the LOTR sock club... I hate to miss out, but I have so much now to knit that I don't think I can justify it-- :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaity's dress is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you entered the "how fast do you knit" competition? I'm sure there is one! :) Girl, the dress is too cute, but dang...can you slow down a little and give the rest of us a chance? LOL Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I was going to use the alien excuse!! :-) Glad to see you're back, too. Good thing you've only got a couple of weeks to wait before you get September's yarn budget - I'd hate to see you run out of stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah school - it's the best time of the year!! :) Great stash enhancement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww cute pic of Katy. :)
    I love seeing your stash enhancements.

    ReplyDelete