Aug 4, 2008

Crazy Busy

We celebrated Bree's birthday the other day. This year we went with cupcakes instead of a cake.

DSC05547

We picked the Wall-E decorations (of course)!

DSC05558

The girls really enjoyed their cupcakes, not that that's really a shock or anything. What kid willingly turns down sugary cake?

DSC05561

Bree received a lot of fun things but I'm not posting all the pics out here on the blog. It would take up a whole post and frankly I'm way to lazy. Her favorite toys out of the group seems to be a talking purse and a guitar. It's hilarious watching Bree rock out with her guitar.

I've gotten a few things in the mail since my last post.

First up:

DSC05470

Some of the new Red Heart sock yarn, Heart & Sole. I think it's going to be a nice go-to sock yarn. It has a nice feel to it and at $4.99 per 50g ball it's a steal for a pair of socks. FYI, there is no acrylic in this yarn....I know someone will ask. It's wool, nylon and it's treated with aloe.

Next up:

DSC05544

PandaToes from Crazy Monkey Creations. Their yarns are very reasonably priced and I couldn't resist the color, Berry Cobbler....Yum!

My Yarnapalooza winnings:

DSC05589

I was one of the winners of Romancing the Yarn's Yarnapalooza contest. Barbara sent me two skeins of Noro Silk Garden (color 8 & 226) which is probably going to become some nice warm mittens for me, a magnet (already on the fridge), and a signed copy of one her books. I haven't read this one yet so it's next up in my book queue. I can't wait for her new book Casting Spells. I'm a sucker for a good romance novel.

Finally:

DSC05597

I bought one of TLE's second anniversary kits. There isn't a thing about this kit that I don't love. Coffee mug, Casbah yarn, extra little goodies and a great pattern.....what more could a girl ask for. Kaity has already laid claim to the Loopy tattoos. I can't wait to use my coffee mug.

I've done a bit of sewing.

DSC05606

Here are 32 more napkins. The fabric cost me a little over $16 so that roughly $.50 per napkin. Not a bad price. Kaity picked out most of the fabric with the exception of Mickey which Bree pointed out and the Flames/Water which was pointed out by Shawn. The Hannah Montana napkins will probably be used for Kaity's lunchbox unless I can find some Tinkerbell fabric. Her lunchbox and backpack are Tinkerbell this year.

I've been crocheting too.

DSC05586

I've made two crochet baby washcloths (Rav)(non Rav) and I'm making more. I can crochet a face cloth a lot faster then I can knit one. I'm making these to replace the wet wipes I was using to clean Bree's face after meals. The cloths can be reused where as the wipes are only used once and thrown away.

Kaity's dress is getting closer to be finished.

DSC05584

I think I need to do 2 more stripes after I complete the one I'm working on. I'm to lazy to get up and check the pattern. Needless to say the dress is really close to being done.

The socks are soooooo close to be done.

DSC05595

I tried them on earlier and I have about 2-3 inches left before binding off. I love the yarn and the pattern is simple so I can't understand why it's taking forever to finish these socks. I swear I knit on them and they don't grow at all.

I have a big order coming in from WEBS. I finally decided on the yarn for my cousins baby blanket and I ended up changing my mind on the pattern. I'm saving the Rambling Rows pattern for something else. I found a cool cabled baby blanket (Rav) that I couldn't pass up.

Happy Crafting!



10 comments:

  1. What a fun post! You've been busy! I was too late to get a the loopy set! It looks lovely...especially the mug! That looks like a great baby blanket. And I feel you with the socks...anytime I have a really simple pattern they just take forever. Not sure why but they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff- I was too late to get the 2nd anniversary kit :(
    The Loopy tatoos are rockin!
    My Rivendell socks took forever too.. it was "treat" knitting. I guess I wasn't too good , since they took weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find that sock yarn? I'm having withdrawls with not being able to access my stash. I saw this kind before, but oddly enough that was in a Walmart in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, you are the MOST productive person I know! I can barely get through a work week!!!
    Those cupcakes look delish! Happy Birthday, Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaity's dress is really coming along! That Noro is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of goodies for everyone! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh the cupcakes are precious!!!
    I love all your crafts!! I'm jealous.. I can't knit.. lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many different things to admire. Love Berry Cobbler too, simply delicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww sooo yum! I love cupcakes. lol
    I bet Bree sure had a ton of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete