Sep 15, 2008

Crazy Weather

It's that time of year again! Time for hot one day, freezing the next. We had a few cold days but now we're back in the 80's again. Thankfully the weather doesn't seem to be bothering the tomatoes. I've gotten another 14 tomatoes since the last post with several more ripening on the vine.

And for today's public safety announcement: Recall Information. If you're living here in the US, I highly recommend that you subscribe to US Consumer Product Safety Commissions Recall RSS feed. The link to their RSS feed is located in the left hand column. That's right folks, bloglines and google reader aren't just for knitting blogs....just kidding I know some of you subscribe to other types of feeds. I have several news feeds in my bloglines blogroll too. This feed is very valuable for getting information on the latest product recalls. For other recalls go to the Recalls website. They have email subscriptions for FDA, USDA, & NHTSA. Plus you can check out the latest recalls or search through all the recalls. I believe in being informed.

Now on to knitting, well at least what I can show you.

DSC05793

Yes folks it seems that I'm still on a dishcloth kick. The pattern used was the Multidirectional Diagonal Dishcloth (Rav)(non Rav). Yes, mine is upside down. I liked the wrong side of the dishcloth better.

And here's proof that I'm still on a dishcloth kick....more cotton!

DSC05823

Sugar 'n Cream was on sale at my local JoAnn's. We went in looking for iron on patches to fix the holes on Kaity's old jeans and I managed to walk away with 7 skeins of the super size Sugar 'n Cream....Yes I got the patches too! So Kaity has colorful jeans to play in after school and I have more dishcloth cotton to make dishcloths....as if there was ever a fear of me running out of cotton yarn.

My TLE sock club shipment came in the other day and boy did it not disappoint. I love the yarn, and I'm in mad love with the pattern and the goody we received was super cool. You can go check it out here in my flickr photos.

Bree has found a new fascination in playing dress up. Right now it seems to be scarves.

DSC05804

Bree has been playing with a fun fur scarf that my aunt made Kaity awhile back. Unfortunately the scarf is way to long for her and she trips on it at least a half dozen times a day. I decided to suck it up and knit her a Bree sized scarf. Anyone who knows me, knows that I detest knitting with fun fur. It's just one huge pain in the butt. The last time I knit with fun fur was to make some hats for kids going through chemo. It sheds, it's hard to see the stitches and it's just generally annoying to knit with but when you see a face like the one above it makes it all worthwhile.

I started another pair of socks for Kaity. She keeps begging me for socks so I figure the next few pair I knit should be for her.

DSC05842

These are toe up, two at a time using the rest of the Berroco Sox I had leftover from another pair I knit her awhile back. These will probably be plain stockinette socks. The toes look odd. I think I may have knit two increase rows in the socks. I didn't feel like ripping them out in the car so the messed up row stayed.

Here's a teaser shot of the project I'm working on for Madelinetosh.

DSC05813

I'll post the details when I can. I'm over halfway through with this so it shouldn't be long before you get an update.

I bought a Nostepinne from an etsy dealer, Ghstworks.

DSC05815

There are times when I just don't feel like dragging out the ball winder so having the Nostepinne will come in handy. How geeky is it that when I opened it up and was holding it the first thing I thought of was "hey I bought myself a wand." Yup, that's what I though, my Harry Potter geekiness is showing.

I had some gift certificates, so naturally I spent them on books.

DSC05820

I'd say that 80% of my knitting library has been paid for by gift certificates I've earned. The only book I'm not so hot about is the Knitting Circles Around Socks. I wasn't overly thrilled with it. If you want my copy of the book let me know in the comments. It'll be yours for $12 plus the cost of whatever shipping method you pick. First to ask for it, gets it.

Once again I've managed to write another long post. I've falling into the blog blahs. I'm far behind on blog reading. There is no way I'm getting caught up on all that reading so I've wiped the slate clean and will start with new posts....sorry everyone.

I'll return next time with pictures from another 7 Deadly S(p)ins shipment. I'm hoping to see it some time this week. I've been faithfully ignoring the spoilers but am not sure how much longer I can hold out. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be waiting for me when I get back from the dentist.

Yup, I'm going to the dentist again. The good news is I'm almost done with all the work. I have to get a crown put on a back tooth but my dentist is waiting for my insurance to rollover in Feb of next year so I won't have to pay as much. So right now that tooth is a wee bit sensitive to the cold. The good news is that most of my tooth sensitivity went away when I started using a Philips Sonicare toothbrush. They are a little pricey but soooo worth the money.

Happy Crafting!



7 comments:

  1. Some times you just have to wipe the slate clean! It is hard to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the wash cloth I'll need to make one. I like the color of Kaity's socks, so pretty. Breee is adorable as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nostepinne - and I think it looks like a wand, too! And my dentist also recommends the Sonicare, but I haven't broken down and bought one yet.
    How are you earning gift certs for books? That sounds like something I need to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After spending enough money on my mouth to be able to buy a midsize car I can honestly say that the sonicare toothbrush is worth the money.
    Bree's scarf looks great. I agree that the fun fur is terrible to work with. I hated the feel of it but now it looks like I'll be making a scarf for my granddaughter once she hits the dress up stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cuteness!!! Bree looks like she's having fun. looks like you're getting lots done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bree is so cute!!! Hopefully she'll grow out of her fun fur stage. I'm sure she will. (but not too soon!)
    I'm with you on the wacky weather. Can't it just be 75 all year round?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck, I get on dishcloth kicks too sometimes. LOL At least they are small, fast and functional! I'm behind on blogs too, life happens or maybe work...I think it's work. I vote to stay home. That's won't happen, but I do dream...and yes I do buy lottery tickets. :) May have to check my stash for fun-fur. LOL

    ReplyDelete