Sep 5, 2008

I'm Still Here......

I think! Or did those darn aliens get me again? I swear it's a pain trying to keep up with things. One of these days I might become a little more organized...I doubt it but there is always hope. The good news is the tomatoes are doing fabulously. Here's a shot of some of the tomatoes I've gotten off my plants.

DSC05766

Beautiful aren't they? This isn't counting the several we've already eaten and the 5 or 6 tomatoes we've given to our neighbors. They'll be getting about half of what's in the pic. We've figured out what we've done wrong and will fix it so hopefully next years crop of tomatoes will be bigger. I'm going to try for a total of 3 plants. We're also shooting for some green beans too.

I found another yarn shop, Old MacDonalds Craft Barn. It a little bit outside of town but it's only about 11 miles or so from the base. They're only open on Saturdays but that's fine since weekend shopping works best for me. Plus I was told that they are able to open the shop up through the week if there's something you need to buy. Super nice people with a nice selection of yarn. The shop is small but they do carry Cascade 220, Brown Sheep, Plymouth, and Fiber Trend patterns....just to name a few. I'll definitely be going back.

Here's what I picked up from Old MacDonalds Craft Barn.

DSC05742

3 Skeins of Plymouth Galway Paint and a skein of Lang Jawoll Aktion sock yarn. Kaity picked up the Galway Paint for a new scarf & hat. It'll match her snow suit. The Lang sock yarn is soft and with the Aktion line it looks like Lang Jawoll has taken out the acrylic. The label says it's 75% wool and 25% nylon.

I knit another dishcloth. I'm on a dishcloth kick right now.

DSC05735

The pattern is the Double Diamond Circular Facecloth (Rav)(non Rav) from the Dishcloth Boutique. I used the Sugar N' Cream Stripes yarn I got from my TLE swap pal Janice. I wasn't trying to make it match up it just worked out that way.

The Twisted Flower socks (Rav)(non Rav)are finished.

DSC05739

I love these socks. I have about 36 grams left from the skeins of DIC Smooshy which is more then enough to make Bree a pair of socks.

I started another pair of socks for Kaity.

DSC05782

I'm knitting these two at a time, toe up using Knit Picks Essential sock yarn. The colorway is called Princess Multi. These will be like the last pair of socks, just simple ribbing on the cuff and a picot bind off since Kaity thinks it gives the socks a girlie appearance. As if the purple/pink yarn wasn't girly enough!

I've finished a test knit for Woolgirl but won't be able to show it for awhile since it's for an upcoming sock club shipment. I'll probably start swatching for Kaity's coat and I've been contemplating make a shrug for myself out of the Malabrigo worsted I bought from Woolgirl awhile back.

I knit Scoop for Bree.

DSC05777

I think it came out pretty good but Bree doesn't seem to like it. Oh well, I'll see if Kaity likes it. You win some you lose some. If Kaity doesn't want it it will probably become a dog toy. I can always open it up and put a squeaker in it for Zeus.

I picked up a couple skeins of Red Heart for the Special Olympic scarf project.

DSC05762

Red Heart Classic isn't my most favorite thing to knit with but it's for a great cause so I'm going to suck it up and knit with it.*** They are asking for scarves made out of two specific colors of Red Heart yarn. If you're interested head on over to the website for more info.

***No I am not a yarn snob and yes I use acrylic but I prefer Carons Simply soft or one of the other softer acrylics. Red Heart is scratchy. That being said I do prefer wool and will use it the most.

I trade Wollmeise sock yarn colors with another Ravelry user.

DSC05781

I saw this color (Sultan) some time back and fell in love. When I found the chance to swap I jumped on it and trade my Lowenzahn for the Sultan colorway. I think it's 80/20 Twin but not sure. Any Wollmeise experts want to clue me in on how to tell the difference between Fluffy, 80/20 Twin, & Superwash? I have Superwash and 80/20 Twin and the only difference I can tell is that one has a little more yardage then the other.

I think that just about sums up everything that's happened since my last post. I have my sock club shipment from TLE which if the USPS is being nice to me will be here before the weekend. I'm really excited to see what's in this shipment.



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Another huge post! The tomatos are making me hungry! That is awesome how your dish cloth came out without even trying! Very cool! Lovely socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I always wondered, if you knit something like scoop, how long do kids actually play with them? Great socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the Twisted Flower socks. That pattern is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG the tomoatoes look great! yum
    glad the lys worked out for you- looks like you got some nice stuff
    LOVE the cloth and love how it turned out in sections- brilliant!
    and scoop! so cute! why do these kids not appreciate EVERYTHING we make for them??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Lang Jawoll Aktion sock yarn. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, your tomatoes came out fabulous...we only got one batch of salsa's worth and that was the last of that! A sad year for the garden!

    ReplyDelete