Sep 29, 2008

The Blahs

The blog blahs are still happening here. It's been 2 weeks since my last post and truthfully I don't have a lot to blog about. I've knit a couple of projects for Madelinetosh and have more on my needles for both Madelinetosh and Woolgirl. I should be able to show some of those to you all soon. I'm a few inches from finishing up Kaity's socks (she wants longer legs this time) and I started the A-Line Childs Coat (Rav)(non Rav) for Kaity.....sorry no pics yet. I'm using Valley Yarns Berkshire in Red.

Here's a shot of my extremely exciting FO.

DSC05876

It's a water bottle holder (Rav)(non Rav) for Kaity's water bottle. The water bottle holder on her backpack left little to be desired. The holder was not built to hold the weight of her type of bottle so I did what any self respecting knitter would do, I made her one. I used a cheapo carabiner clip to attach the holder to the backpack.

Here's my yummy 7 Deadly S(p)ins shipment.

DSC05846

It's enough Luxe yarn from The Unique Sheep for a gorgeous shawl. I have no idea when I'll start it but it is pretty and soft so I don't mind looking at it and petting it for now.

I can show you a couple of socks I knit for Woolgirl.

DSC05061

DSC05452

These were from the August Woolgirl sock club shipment so I think it's more then safe to post about them on the blog. The top pattern is Dog Days of Summer and the bottom one is Garter Snake Socks.

The weather has been really abnormal here. It's the end of Sept and we are seeing summer temps here. High 70s to low 80s are not the norm for here at this time of year or at least that's what I've been told. It was a lot cooler then this last year. Kaity has been wearing shorts to school. It's a tad chilly in the morning but it doesn't take long for it to warm up after the sun rises.

And that sums up my exciting post today. Hopefully the next post will have a little more excitement to it.



7 comments:

  1. 3 FO's and stash enhancement is plenty to talk about. It all looks super! I love Kaity's water bottle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the blog blahs too. The weather is too nice to worry about blogging right now. There will be lots of time for that when the snow flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever water bottle holder! love the sheep yarn, vera pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute socks! Blog when you feel like it - no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Socks!!!! And seriously gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean. Blogging has slowed down a lot for me too. So no worries. I love your socks! I'm so jealous that you get to test knit. heheh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn global warming! In a month you'll be wishing for warmer days.
    Can't wait to see Kaity's new dress.

    ReplyDelete