May 15, 2008

I Swear I've Been Knitting!

I'm working on my swap pals project so obviously I can't blog that. I've also worked on Rogue which is still not ready for a photo. I've finished the back and am now working on shaping the front. Boring I know.

Look, it's a cute toddler.

Dsc04853

Am I forgiven for not having exciting pics of my knitting?

I have finished a few small items that I can show you.

- Everlasting Bagstopper.

Dsc04803

It turned out well. I stitched the handles on by hand since it was to thick for the sewing machine. This bag will hold lots of stuff. I think next time I'll try braided i-cord but first I need to buy an i-cord maker because I don't want to make that much i-cord with my needles. Talk about booooring!

- Tic Tac Dishcloth from the book Yarn Play at Home.

Dsc04820

I think the pattern works great with variegated yarn. It took me forever to finish this pattern because I tossed it in a drawer and forgot about it for several weeks.

- A Knit Dishcloth Dress.

Dsc04834

I needed a quick knit and this happen to catch my eye. The dishcloth has been removed from the bottle and used to wash the dishes but I thought using the dish soap bottle would be a cute prop for the pic. Shawn thought it was rather amusing that the soap bottle had a dress on. He probably thought I'd gone a tad bit insane or that the wool fumes had finally gotten to me.

- A Dog toy for Zeus.

Dsc04826

He loves these things. I used some Red Heart Strata. If you're looking for a good yarn for dog toys the Strata works well. Knit at a tight gauge I think this stuff could stop a speeding bullet plus it holds up very well to tiny, sharp teeth chewing on it. I just wished Red Heart would have used a softer yarn because the self striping is cool but the Strata is really scratchy.

Now on to stuff I got in the mail. Here's the only thing I can show you from my TLE orders since the rest of the stuff was for my swap pal.

Dsc04837

It's Perchance to Knit Merino/Cashmere sock yarn, color Gingerbread. This yarn is super soft & has great yardage (450 yds). I love PTK's colors and to top it off the skeins alway have a nice smell to them.

I also received my Seven Deadly S(p)ins Club shipment. If you want to see it go HERE. Me Likes! The yarn is super soft and the goodies are great. We also got a teaser that one of the other shipments will make up for this shipment which was kinda light on yarn. Now I can't wait.

I bought a couple of skeins of yarn from Hooks & Needles which is offering free shipping to those who are ordering yarn to help Kristy out in her quest for hats. All three skeins are di.Ve Teseo which is super soft and the colors are gorgeous. I may order some for Kaity for matching hat, mitten, scarf combo for next winter.

Dsc04854

See RC's post or Kristy's post for more info. If you're interested in knitting hats for Kristy and want/need to pick up some yarn for these hats you can give Kaylee at Hooks & Needles a call. She's super sweet and a pleasure to deal with. You don't have to buy your yarn from there. Yarn out of stash, bought from your LYS, etc will be fine too.



The weather forecasters keep saying we're suppose to see sun but the darn thing keeps hiding behind clouds. Here's hoping they aren't lying about the warm weather for this weekend. It's suppose to be in the mid 80's for the next few days and it's suppose to hit like 92 on Sat. Which is gorgeous weather to be out and about. I think we may try to plan a small family outing to take advantage of the warm weather.



7 comments:

  1. oh look, cute toddler!!! is that a leg warmer she's wearing on her arm?? lol
    all the yarn looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Gingerbread yarn is incredible. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hot here too! I'm not a hot weather fan. But too late, I'm in the thick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK OK. You can easily distract me with cute toddler pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back! What a long time to be without a laptop at home! LOL I'm so busy and don't even know on what....I'm sure I'm knitting or crocheting but I think it has been on mostly charity items. Cute picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great. Off to add PTK in Gingerbread to my TLE wishlist. . . gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree is sooo cute.
    Tag, your it.

    ReplyDelete