May 20, 2008

Still Knittin'

I've finally finished my TLE Swap pals gift. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out and I can't wait till she gets her box. I still need to wash/block it and I'm waiting on one last item that's floating around in the mail.

For those who do not want to see mass amounts of yarn, shield your eyes and close your browser.

I received some yummy Bamboolicious sock yarn in the mail the other day.

DSC04864

The yarn is very soft and the colors are beautiful. I also joined Zen Yarn Garden's Art Walk Sock Club. I couldn't resist.



The yarn for Shawn's sweater came in from WEBS the other day.

DSC04871

14 skeins of Cascade 220 wool, color 9332 Sapphire. I don't think I'll need all 14 skeins but it doesn't hurt to have extra. We are both very please with the color. I'll start his sweater here in the next few months. When I ordered the Cascade 220 I threw in 2 skeins Valley Yarns Huntington.

I'm really impressed with the feel. If this stuff wears well it will be a great "go to" sock yarn. I'm hoping WEBS will continue to add colors to their site. You can't beat $4.29 for a 50g/218yd hank.



Some Lion Brand Cotton-Ease that I picked up from Michaels.

DSC04876

I'm going to use this to make this dress for Bree. I also have some Knit Picks Comfy that will be here in a week or so. You all know how slow Knit Picks shipping is. I'm gearing up for summer knitting.



OK, now on to the knitting.



I've finally finished the body of my Rogue.

DSC04881

I'm down to the hood and sleeves. I'm almost there! I tried it on and it fits great. I made the length about 2 inches longer because I wanted a sweater that doesn't ride up when I lift my arms.



Today I started and finished a hat for Kristy's Hat Quest. See RC's post or Kristy's post for more info if you're interested in knitting some hats.

DSC04882

This is a simple ribbed hat knit from the top down using di.Ve Teseo. The yarn is a tad splitty but once I got use to it it was easy knitting.

I'll leave you with a shot of my Mother's Day gifts from the girls.

DSC04816

They bought me some houseplants. I love them.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous yarn! (as usual!)
    The plants are so cute. You're girls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many "cutes" in my comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're putting the rest of us to shame. I've been stalled on the same sock for over a week now, and can't get motivated to finish it or start something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the Zen color- what pattern are you gonna use?
    Shawn's sweater is going to look awesome.
    you finished the body of Rogue?? wow! great- I really should cast on for mine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm in fiber coma from all the yummies you got!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sapphire blue is lovely. Can't wait to see the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of all that yarny goodness. ;) You are going to be a busy little knitter! Have fun, I love the yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ((((webs)))) the meca of all knitters .... love your new yarn. I really liked knitting with cottonease; much to by shock. The jumper is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you couldn't resist the Webs sale either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some very yummy looking yarn you got!! I LOVE all the colors! (I think we have the same taste in colors) Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete