May 2, 2008

FO Report

As if Nintendo hasn't come up with enough stuff to entice me into buying a Wii....not that I've managed to get one yet. Wii's new game Wii Fit is the clincher for me. They turn exercise into a fun game. Must-Buy-Wii! I'm actually contemplating destashing some yarn to pay for said Wii, that's how bad I want one.

I finished the second Tidepool Rib Sock the other day.

Dsc04759

I think they came out pretty good. I love how fast I can knit a pair of socks in the mediumweight Socks That Rock. I have more then enough left to knit a pair for Bree. I may have enough to knit a pair of ankle socks for Kaity. The stripes are matched up fairly well. It only took me ripping the toe out twice before I finally got the sock to behave. If I was smart I would have matched the two skeins of yarn or better yet, knit them both at the same time. They're close enough for me. I think I'll be getting more STR for winter boot socks.

I'm still working on the Everlasting Bagstopper...sorry no pics this time. I hope to have it done before the end of the weekend. The handles didn't work quite the way I had planned so I ripped back to the bag and bound off the stitches. I'm knitting both straps at the same time in garter stitch and will use my sewing match to stitch them onto the bag. I think that sewing the handles on will give them more strength.



We took Bree to the doc and everything checked out. She's not refluxing badly enough for it to show in the tests but the doc said that doesn't mean she isn't refluxing every now and then. The tests also show that there are no blockages so it appears we are in the clear. They did take blood to check her thyroid levels again.



I have my new sock project picked out. I'm going to use the Lorna's Laces sock yarn that I won from Knittech's blog contest to knit the Beaded Swirls Socks from HeartStrings FiberArts. Awhile back I bought some beads to make stitch markers and that didn't work out so I'm going to use the beads on the socks. I'll start those as soon as I've made some more progress on my TLE Swap Pals socks.



7 comments:

  1. good news for Bree!!! still have to keep her sitting up 30 mins after mealtime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about a Wii for the same reasons. Fun and exercise? What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should get a Wii! I was just playing Mario Kart on our Wii today and it was great. We also pre-ordered the Wii Fit. :-) I completely agree with you about STR medium weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got our wii on Wednesday night - I * LOVE * IT. I have been up off my feet more than I had in ages. I love the bowling and golf that comes with the game. You won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy Richard Simons - Sweatin' to the Oldies?
    Those socks will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great socks! We love the Wii! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks are turned out great! I have some STR medium weight in my stash.. I need to knit a pair of socks with them!! Let me know if you get your WII and what you think!

    ReplyDelete