Jul 27, 2008

Just Knittin' & Sewin'

DSC05466

Nothing makes a day better then a Venti Carmel Frapp from Starbucks. Yum! OK maybe hugs, kisses and giggles from my girls beat the Frapp but it's a close second!  ;~)

I've stayed pretty busy but that's nothing new. Things are never quiet around here. It's hard to believe that summer vacation is almost over and Kaity will be going back to school soon. Yikes! Must get school shopping done this payday. School supplies and new jeans are on the list of must buys! More good news, Bree has decided that she likes her nap in the afternoon a lot more then she wants to stay up an play. She's taken a nap every day for the past week or so.

I finished the sample knit for Madelinetosh and will show you all when I get the go ahead.

Here's what I've been working on since the last post.

Kaity's A Good Stripe Dress:

DSC05431

I'm making great progress with this one. I think this one will be long enough that she'll get a second summer out of it since the summers are shorter here. After I'm finished with the purple stripe I'm currently working on I'll have 5 more stripes to go, then the knitting the edging for the arms & neck and the collar.

My Phenomena socks:

DSC05435

They now have heels and I'm working on the cuff. It won't be long before I have these off the needles and on my feet.

I've also finished another test knit for Woolgirl and I'll show that to you as soon as I can. Most of my knits for Woolgirl are for kits and the sock club so I can't show those until they've been received by the members of those clubs.

The sewing machine came out for a little while too. I made some napkins to replace the paper napkins we use to use. I'm going to post about the napkins in my next post later this week. I also made the dogs some blankies for their kennels using some leftover fleece from a blanket I made Kaity when she was a baby.

DSC05385

This makes their kennels more comfy. I crocheted Zeus a blankie before we moved to Montana but apparently he doesn't like scratchy acrylic....he ripped it to shreds. He does seem to be pleased with the fleece blankie. We'll see how long this one lasts.

I've also gotten a few goodies since my last post. First up is some stuff I scored off of ebay.

DSC05398

I picked up some Patons Stretch sock and the pattern book which contains a good number of patterns. There are 3 patterns for crochet socks which is the biggest reason I bought the book. I'd like to try crocheting some socks. The booklet also has 5 different knit sock patterns, a knit patterns for fingerless mitts, headband, hat, and footless thigh highs. The pedicure sock pattern was a freebie pattern. The other is quite obviously Noro. I could not resist the Noro Silk Garden sock yarn. Hello this stuff is nice. The colors are mega gorgeous and the yarn is soft. You can now get the Noro Silk Garden at TLE. I picked mine up at ebay cheap ($15) and paid for first class shipping. I hate having to pay $6 for shipping** on a skein of yarn and right now I can't get several skeins of yarn to justify the shipping. I need to save the rest of my money for the big order I'm placing with WEBS. It's big enough to get the 25% discount.

**No this is not me complaining about web stores charging $6 for shipping. I have absolutely no problem with the shipping prices. I just saw the yarn way cheaper on ebay and took advatage of it. The total I paid was what it would have cost me without shipping from any of the stores that are carrying it right now.

My 7 Deadly Spins club shipment came in. Head over to Flickr if you want to see it. I'm iffy iffy on the project. I'll probably use the yarn for something else for me but Kaity likes the pattern so I'll get some different yarn and make it for her. Who knows, I may change my mind and knit it.

Meet the newest member of the luvs2knit family.

DSC05388

Kaity is now the proud owner of a Betta fish. He's been named Blue and both girls get a kick out of watching him swim around. He's a pretty blue and red. Right now he's in a 1 gallon aquarium but he's going to eventually moved to a 5 gallon tank.

That sums up what's been going on since my last knitting related post.



5 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about crocheted socks....will they be stretchy enough? You'll have to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new format, by the way!
    With the Beta fish, put a mirror in front of him. He'll puff up and try to fight the "other fish." It can be pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute fish! No, no! It's only July. I'm not thinking about kids going back to school yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Fish! great colors- I wonder if we can get a beta fish sock colorway?
    Kaity's dreass looks great, can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh starbucks. My dear BF loves the caramel. I'm a simple gal and get the coffee with extra whipped cream. yum!
    Oh I soooo know what you mean about shipping. I like to save up and place bigger orders cuz the shipping can be steep for one or two items. Especially since I'm a lotion/soap hoarder.
    I'm kinda giddy that school is getting ready to start. I love, love, love shopping for school supplies. I'm kinda a freak with pens and cute papers. lol
    Can't wait for you to reveal the secret knit project. *suspense*

    ReplyDelete