Jul 13, 2008

Updates

Right now I'm lacking the thought power to come up with a great title. I need to put the bathtub crayons back in the shower so I can brain storm on the shower walls. Don't laugh till you try it! I use to write all sorts of stuff on the shower walls: grocery lists, blog topics, things I needed to get done, etc. I swear everything pops into my head when I'm in the shower.

The destash went great. I sold enough so now I have a padding of fallback money for "just in case stuff happens". If I don't have to use it then it will just sit there till I need it to buy something.....never hurts to be prepared. It doesn't look like I'll need it so I picked up two things in the Ravelry ISO/Destash thread that were to good a deal to pass up.

Lets see, what have I been up to. Guess I can start with what I've been knitting on.

I started A Good Stripe Dress (Rav)(non Rav) for Kaity the other day.

DSC05319

Since the original dress in the Interweave Knits Spring 08 issue used yarn that would cost a small fortune ($90)** I subbed it with Knit Picks Shine Sport which is working up beautifully and only cost me around $40. Kaity picked out the colors: pink, purple and silver. I think the dress looks like the color of the bubblegum I use to chew when I was a kid. Surprisingly enough this is moving along quickly even though it's been knit on US 2 1/2/ 3mm needles. I finally stopped knitting on it long enough to weave in all those ends that are hanging around. I've actually finished the last purple stripe and have swapped back to pink again. Right now I'm working on the increases for the skirt portion of the dress.

**$90 isn't horrible if I'm going to make a sweater for myself or Shawn which we would wear for years. Actually I'd spend more then $90. However, $90 is way to much money to spend on a dress that my daughter will only wear for 1, maybe 2 summers.

The Phenomena Socks are moving along.

DSC05322

I have about an inch to go before starting the heel. I'm going to work a short row heel and continue the ribbing up the leg.

I bought this from Woolgirl.

DSC05274

It came in over a week ago but haven't gotten a chance to blog about it since it came in after the last knitting post. It's a Duet kit that comes with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, Mountain Colors Bearfoot, and a pattern written by Cat Bordhi just for this kit called Flying Carpet Socks.

My TLE sock club came in too. It's fabulous! If you want to see it head on over to my Flickr page.

My Art Walk Sock Club has also made it here. You can see this one if you head on out to Flickr. I had to stop this one for now. I'll start it again once we're done with the car registration, dogs routine vet bills, kids winter clothes bought, etc, ect, ect.

Finally I can show you the test knit I teased you with.

DSC05225

I knit these stranded socks for MadelineTosh. The pattern isn't available yet but it should be out by the end of the month (July). If you want to see some much better photos head on over to Amy's blog. These are by far the most beautiful socks I've ever knit.

I'm starting another sample knit for Amy. Once I've made enough progress I'll give you all a little teaser. It's a soothing knit!

I've finally decided on a pattern to knit for cousin M's baby. I'm going with Rambling Rows (Rav)(non Rav) and I pretty sure that I'm going to use the colors below.

Colors

What do you all think about these colors? It's Cascade 220 Superwash solids and paints. I thought about using a acrylic/wool blend but decided that I'd use wool again. I really like the way the Cascade 220 Superwash holds up with wear....definitely worth spending the little extra for.

Happy Crafting!



6 comments:

  1. Ohhh!! LOVE the socks! Yummy! I think the colors you picked for the blanket look great together! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leah - the colors are fab, and I love those stranded socks! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for saving money on kid clothes. The last kid sweater I knit was 3/4 sleeves by the time I sewed the sleeves on. I love that pattern. I bet it will be beautiful in the Shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stranded socks? really really stranded? Wow! they look really nice! How far are you from mount rushmore? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow!! great test knit work.

    ReplyDelete