Jul 5, 2008

Finally Have an FO

It's been awhile since I last posted. Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July (for those whole celebrate). We didn't go see the fireworks because they don't start here until 10:15pm and that's just way to late to be keeping the girls up. Their normal bedtime is 8:30pm so I doubt they would have made it that late anyway. Maybe Kaity would have. We told her that next year she could go if she took a small nap during the afternoon.

I need to rant about inconsiderate A**holes that decide it's funny to set off fireworks that they aren't suppose too. Honestly last night around 11:20pm we had a explosion that rattled our windows. It sounded like EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) set off one hell of a bomb. This wasn't a normal firecracker boom here it was a half stick of dynamite type boom. You mix stupid men*, beer, and fireworks and you get a recipe for destruction. I'm sure that I'll be hearing on the news that some moron blew his hand off. Guess what, I won't feel the least bit sorry for him! Thanks for allowing me to rant.

* No I do not think all men are stupid! There are some smart ones left in this world. If you want to see stupid men at their finest watch Jackass or Jackass Number Two. If you like crude humor and people doing ridiculously stupid things that cause them lots of pain or could get them killed then the Jackass movies are for you.

I finally have all my Country mp3s loaded into iTunes. I've been putting it off for months now because it takes forever to reload all of them since there is over 1100 songs. The stink part is that I've lost three complete albums and 7 single songs.....super sigh! Somewhere along the line iTunes deleted two different accounts that I had purchased music under. Without the account name (email address) and password the mp3 will not play. You need to unlock it. I don't share my mp3s so all the write protect crap makes my life more difficult. I think it's completely worthless when you can removed it for the price of a blank CD and about 10-15 minutes of your time.

Now on to knitting. Yes, I have been doing a little knitting.

I finished Kaity's Skirtsicle (Rav)(non Rav).

DSC05249

She loves it and I'm loving the fact that it's not on my needles anymore. I used a 16" US7 Knit Picks circ and Peaches & Creme, color Lemonade. It's a very simple pattern with just enough to keep it from becoming boring. I knit most of it in the car on days when we were out shopping.

I finished another hat for Kristy's Hat Quest.

DSC05198

There's a Ravelry group for this now. I used di.Ve Teseo and the pattern He Gives Me Butterflies (Rav)(non Rav). This is a super cute pattern that is knit flat and then seamed afterwards. I doubt it would be very difficult to knit this in the round.

I finally started a pair of socks for myself.....woot!

DSC05231

Their just a simple toe up 2x2 ribbed sock using my June shipment from the Art Walk sock club by Zen Yarn Garden. I used a Turkish cast on and will be doing a short row heel.

I picked up a couple of books.

DSC05194

Who can resist stitch pattern books? Not me! Closely Knit has some great patterns in it. If you're on Ravelry you can check out some of the patterns here.

I placed my 7th order a few weeks ago through Woolgirl and now I'm now officially part of the Wooly Woolgirl Club. You can go out to my Flickr page to see what I got.....don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to know what they might get. This box came as a complete surprise to me. I didn't realize the box had been mailed.

Bree has a new love....WALL-E!

DSC05244

We picked up a stuffed WALL-E from the Disney Store website. Bree loves WALL-E and has been hugging this plush since we gave it to her. Shawn and Kaity went to see WALL-E last night and really liked it. We've decided that Bree is just too young to go see it in the theater but we'll buy it when it comes out on DVD.

We just got a major smack in the wallet the other day. We found out that we can't keep our car registered in Idaho like we were originally told. The lady at the DMV that Shawn talked to gave him the wrong information. So we have to move our tags to Montana pronto because our tags expire at the end of the month. Now this would be super cheap for us if I wasn't on the title of the stupid car. Since I'm on the title we have to pay half the taxes and a bunch of other fees so instead of $4 fee they charge military to register our car. It's going to cost us almost $200. So gearing up for the possibility that we aren't going to be able to come up with all the money with this short of notice I'm selling some yarn out of my stash. If all goes well I won't need to use the money but I figured it's better safe then sorry.

Edit to add: That I've removed my destash page from Ravelry. Frankly it burns my butt to be called out on something that isn't even in the guidelines and that apparently some people are allowed to break. If you want it to be a rule put it in the guidelines and call everyone on it. Don't randomly pick people to reprimand. I listed my stuff on ebay and if it sells it sells. At least ebay's rules are clear cut and easy to follow. Needless to say I will not list stuff in the ISO/Destash group anymore.



8 comments:

  1. I love the skirt! It's super cute.
    I know what you mean about the fireworks. Our neighbors are obnoxious alcoholic tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Kaity looks so cute!!
    And Omgosh I so know what you mean. Some crazy folks were playing with fireworks in my neighborhood all last night till 1am, ugh.
    oooohhh I may need more books just to add to my crazily growing collection of knitting books. :)
    And dang girl, I gotta get more orders in with woolgirl. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF? 200 because your name is on the title? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 200 for your name on the title?? WTF? and Crap!
    the skirt looks great as does the hat and new socks!
    We went to see Wall E yesterday- pretty cute and the Mayor really enjoyed it. Bree looks so cute hugging her plushie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on illegal fireworks!!! So annoying! My cat was freaking out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaity's skirt looks wonderful. She seems pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both the skirt and hat! And thanks for participating in my blog contest for July 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute skirt! That's a bummer about the tabs and the destashing!

    ReplyDelete