Jul 17, 2008

Very Little Progress

There are some seriously crazy people in this world. I love watching how things sell on ebay. The trends and everything and from time to time I get a good buy. We all remember the SweetGeorgia frenzy when she stopped dying. I saw skeins of SweetGeorgia going for like $60-70 for enough yarn to make one pair of socks. I wanted to try it but not bad enough to pay that much money after all it's just yarn no matter how pretty it is. Come to think of it I never did get any to try it.

Anyway back to what I was going to say, now the yarn to fight over is Wollmeise. Check this auction out on ebay. This one skein of yarn went for a grand total of $81 plus shipping. Crazy right? Figured you guys would agree with me. The laughable thing is I have this exact same type of yarn and color in my stash. This isn't the first time this user has sold Wollmeise. They sold two skeins back in April for $43 & $46. Yes, I was curious enough to scroll through the feedback. I'm nosey what can I say.

I remember when everyone was fighting over Duets socks yarn and now I can head over to TLE and buy it any time I want to. Yarn Pirate was another one. Anyone remember what other yarns have been fought over before Wollmeise came along.

I have very little progress to show you right now. The Phenomena socks are ready for the heels to be worked and I've added a few rows to Kaity's dress. Neither are far enough along to show you a pic. I do have one knitting pic to show you.

DSC05333

It's a teaser of the sample I'm knitting for Madelinetosh. Once I've gotten the go ahead, I'll post the whole thing here and point you in the right direction if you're interested.

Can I distract you with yarn?

DSC05356

I placed a small order with Knit Picks at the beginning of the month. Yes it takes that long for the stuff to get here. The funny thing is my stuff goes from Ohio to Utah. Yes that's right it has to go right past me so that it can be turned over to the USPS in Salt Lake City who takes foooooooorever to get the box to me. Talk about a horrible waste of gas. No wonder shipping prices have gone up.

Anyway I digress....I picked up a Yarn Harlot book and 4 skeins of KP Essential which will become socks for the girls. The other skien of yarn is Yarn Pirate bamboo/merino/nylon sock yarn which of course I did not pick up from Knit Picks. I got it for a really good deal from a Ravelry user who was destashing. I love bamboo sock yarns and the price was great.

Can I distract you with some more yarn?

DSC05327

This is the Colinette Jitterbug I picked up from a Ravelry user who was destashing. The color is Raspberry....yum! I love these colors. These socks will definitely be a simple toe up ribbed sock since the yardage is on the short side. This is a skein with the old put up not that the new yardage is much better. I wonder how long I can get the cuffs on these? I'll split the yarn into two separate yarn cakes and knit both socks toe up at the same time.

How bout cute princesses?

DSC05217

The girls were playing dress up the other day and I couldn't resist getting a photo of them. Every now and then they play together without fighting.

Cute dog distraction?

DSC05362

Zeus finally got a haircut! He looks so much better with his new do. Shadow the shaggy mutt is next. The hair is so long on the top of her head it's covering her eyes.

How bout one last distraction?

DSC05377

Just in case the dog, kid and yarn distractions didn't work I figured a shot of the tomato plants might help. They are getting huge.

DSC05379

Both plants are loaded with various sizes of green tomatoes. Most of the tomatoes are about the size of a golf ball while the rest are around the size of a grape. Plus there are tons of flowers so more are on the way. I can't wait to pick some. I love tomatoes!

Hopefully all the distractions helped! The next post will have more knitting in it then this one, I promise.

My wee toddler has decided that she no longer needs a nap through the middle of the day. No more quiet time for mommy! It really was a sad day in the Luvs2knit household. I've had 3 hours of quiet every day for over a year now.

DSC05360

Yes folks this cute faced turkey has decided for herself that naps aren't needed and that she's a big girl now. Course we still have the potty training to go through and the transition to a toddler bed. She still sleeps in her crib but I'm sure that one will end soon too. The potty training is slotted to begin next payday....course it's up to Bree to cooperate.

I knew this day was coming I just didn't think it would be here so quickly. We have a week to go before her 2nd birthday. My baby is growing up! Shawn ordered her a Wall-E cupcake set up from Wal*Mart last night. I'll take pics next week when he picks it up. We went with cupcakes so we could keep what we want and then Shawn can take the rest of them to work for the guys to devour in 5.2 seconds flat.

Happy Crafting!



10 comments:

  1. Yep, the feeding frenzy is out of control! I've got some Wollmeise, and it's lovely, but not worth the stress to get it.
    BTW, love the new blog theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's insane. I can feed my family for a week for $80. Insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the green is nice, easy on the eyes good job!
    Love the cupecake sets, great for the kids and easy for the leftovers
    Princesses and Puppies- can't stand the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a tease with that test knit! ;) The little princesses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, how the time flies. I can't believe Bree is almost 2 already. Feels like she was a newborn when I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I sooo know what you mean about the sock yarn craze. I just hope it dies down soon because it's getting ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute princesses! I love the yarn you are using for the sample knitting. Also love the new blog look - my favorite of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the person paying $81 for a skein of Wollmeise has a basement full of Beanie Babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DANG your tomato plants are HUGE!!! Ours are only just starting to have little green fruit popping out!

    ReplyDelete