Nov 21, 2008

Just as I Promised

I'd better be careful or people are going to start accusing me of posting to my blog regularly. Actually I'm using a blog editor on my Mac so it's easier to write out the posts in advance. Now to see if it will actually help me post more frequently.

I tried ScribeFire (a FireFox add on) as suggest by Tammy but I don't think it likes the Mac version of FireFox. It won't allow me to edit the preferences and when I have it enabled I can't use FireFox to access my Typepad account. If it wasn't for that I'd be using ScribeFire.

Right now I'm trying to decide which program I want to use. One is free and one is $30 for the software after the trial. I really like the free one but it doesn't have an easy way for me to post using my Flickr photos which helps me keep people from snatching my pics off my blog. The one that costs me money pulls photos from my Flickr account but doesn't allow me to change the fonts in the post. Or at least I haven't found a way to change that yet. I think I'm going to go with the free one but I need to do a few posts to see how well it works. I've already sent them an email to see if they have plans for adding a way to use online photo storage places as an option for putting photos in your blog posts.

Anyway, enough of my yammering and on to the knitting. I have a few updates to show you.

First is the baby blanket I'm working on.

Cabled Baby Blanket

It's a smaller blanket but should be fine since I'm shooting for the perfect size to use in a carseat. This one is measuring out around 20 inches not stretched. I know it will stretch some when washed.

I hated having to lug around heavy blankets when the girls were babies. I always grabbed the smaller ones. The pattern is Baby Cables Blanket (Ravelry) and the yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash. I think this has to be my most favorite superwash yarn. There are several different cables in this blankie. I had each cable marked with stitch markers when I first started but once I had the first 48 rows of the actual cable pattern I didn't need them anymore since the cables were starting to show. I definitely recommend marking the cables when you first start this blanket to avoid confusion.

I also received a box from TLE.

Cascade 220

It's some Cascade 220 to make Knit Sock Monkeys (Ravelry)(non Ravelry) for both of the girls. I really wanted to use Noro Kureyon but it was going to cost $25 per monkey plus shipping and I really couldn't justify the cost. I already had some pink and purple Cascade 220 so all I needed was some natural and red. Much cheaper then $55+ for Noro. If the girls really like their Sock Monkeys I'll make some accessories for them.

You all know about the plague head cold that we've been dealing with. For the most part we're over it, but poor Bree has developed a cough. She woke me up in the wee hours of the morning with her coughing. Thankfully she went back to sleep so she's not really tired. I, however, did now fair as well...coffee is my friend. Now if only I could sucker Shawn into going to Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha Twist. I was really hoping that she wouldn't develop a cough. Shawn never did. I, on the other hand, developed a horrible hacking cough that made me sound like a barking walrus.

I received my November shipment from the 7 Deadly S(p)ins club. If you want to see it you can click here.

I have the updated copy of my test knit pattern in hand so I'm going to kick it up a notch and see if I can't get that finished up quickly. I'm pretty positive it will only take me about a week to get it finished. I'm not sure if I'll be posting on the blog during the next week or so. If anyone wants to chat with me send me an email (email addy is on my "About" page or PM on Ravelry since I'm on Ravelry off and on all day long. My Ravelry ID is: luvs2knit for anyone who wants to add me to their friends list.

Happy Crafting!




6 comments:

  1. hey! the font and stuff look good and it showed up in my google reader great
    can't wait to see the sock monkeys! fun
    poor Bree! I hate when the littles get sick like that- NO BODY gets sleep. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the monkeys. I am going through a big toy phase now.
    I really like the blanket. Isabel still drags around the smaller and lighter blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ScribeFire didn't work for you - I'm still Windows - didn't even think about the Mac factor.
    And - I just discovered those Peppermint Mocha Twists yesterday! Where have I been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baby blanket!!! You make a super point about the small ones...I will remember that next time I need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sock monkeys are so cute! The girls will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear ya'll are getting better. The weather can be so strange. Thanks for the links, I'll have to check them out, maybe they'll entice me to post more. :)
    What? another baby blanket? You are sooo good. I still haven't even touched the one I started oh say more than a year ago. ekk.. I think mine may be a lost cause. :(

    ReplyDelete