Nov 17, 2008

Test Knitting

I'm back for that post I promised you all. OK so it's a tad later then I wanted it to be. I was thinking I'd be back for a post within 2-3 days. In my defense, I've been down for the count with nasty cold. I've logged on to Ravelry but that's about as far as my attention span would go. The nasty head cold has past through everyone in the house and is ending with Kaity. Amazingly enough she wasn't the one to start this one....she normally is. Bree started the fun this time.

Guess I should show you those sample/test knit socks I was talking about. I have several of them now.

First up is the Cherry Tree sock.

DSC05771

This was for the October shipment of the Woolgirl sock club. I really loved the color and the pattern. Loved it so much that when my friend Sue decided to destash it I snatched it right up. I should have it some time this week. The yarn is Yarntini.

Next up is the Woodstock sock.

DSC05850

This sample was knit for the Woodstock kit that Woolgirl put together. Doesn't this sock scream Woodstock (from Peanuts). Next to Snoopy, he's one of my favorite Peanuts characters. Jen's kits are definitely worth the money. I'm hoping that I'll be able to partake in a few kits next year. She has had some great ones. The yarn for this sock is from White Oak Studio.

Then there was the Interlocking Leaves sock.

DSC05910

This one was knit for the September shipment of the Magnolia Society yarn club. The yarn is Madelinetosh sock and the pattern is the free Knitty pattern Interlocking Leaves. Great pattern and yummy yarn....doesn't get much better then that.

The last sock is Autumn in Oregon.

DSC05957

This was a sample knit using Miss Babs Yummy sock yarn in one of her new monochrome colorways Hemlock. The pattern is Autumn in Oregon (Ravelry link). Another yummy yarn and great pattern. I think I'm going to have to knit a pair for myself.

That's it on the sample/test knits for now. Sorry it took me so long to get this post out. I have another post forming in my mind right now. I have some FO's to show you and some progress shots of the things I'm not quite finished with. Plus I'm sure there will be some goodies to show since I know I have stuff coming in this week.

Happy Crafting!



6 comments:

  1. I love that Woodstock sock - I'm normally not a fan of yellow, but that turned out really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the parade of cute socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl. You've definitely got a real fun job of testing knitting so many awesome patterns. (as always...I'm sooo jealous!!) The woodstock sock makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woodstock is really kewl!! MIL would love the colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh pretty! do you knit one sock or the pair?

    love the Woodstock yarn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better! Nyquil is the best.

    ReplyDelete