Nov 25, 2008

Not Perfect But Better!

Dear Typepad,

I'm writing you to inform you of my unhappiness with one of your "improvements". You say that you're making Typepad better for everyone but you've done something that is driving me crazy. You have messed with the way my blog comments are emailed to me and it's driving me insane.

I use to get my comments emailed to me by a no reply Typepad email address. All I had to do was highlight the comment in the email and hit reply and something magical happened, the email address of the person who commented showed up in the To: section of my reply email. Now it no longer does that. Typepad's email shows up in the To: section and I have, on more then one occasion, hit send before changing the email address. If you get tired of getting my emails please feel free to go back to the old way of doing things. I won't mind one bit!

This saddens me deeply. Is there anyway, Mr(s). Typepad, for you to change this back to the way it was? I was so happy before you took that away from me. Please can I have my happiness back?

Thank you,
luvs2knit

Alright so maybe telling Typepad that I'll be forever unhappy in life because they messed with emailing comments is stretching it but it is rather annoying considering that it's work beautifully for me since I signed up for my Typepad blog in April of 2007 (I think it's Apr 07, I'm too lazy to actually look it up) and now whamo it's not working because they are making "improvements". What a pain!

Well now that I've gotten that out of my system I can move on to other things.

Good news, I've added my free knitting patterns to Ravelry and am now linked as a designer. I have no idea if anyone has ever knit these pattern with the exception of me but they are there for anyone who wants them. You can find them here.

I've done a little yarn acquiring. I've been rather good here lately so a little splurge was in order.

Harry Potter Opal sock yarn.

Opal Harry Potter Yarn

This is the Tonks colorway. I bought this from p2tog which is a UK yarn shop. She has a shop on ebay and a regular website. She has a nice selection of yarn, great communication, and ships quickly. The bonus is she sends a free sock and glove pattern. This isn't my first order from p2tog. It took about 5 days to get here from the UK. I picked this up for a little over $16 which included shipping. Here in the states this same ball of yarn would cost me $23 plus shipping. That's a pretty big savings when you are trying to make your dollars stretch. It's the only colorway I really wanted out of the Harry Potter collection and the price was right.

Some Crystal Palace Yarns Merino 5, colorway: Mocha Chai.

CPY Merino 5

I've been wanting to try this one for awhile and I found someone on Ravelry who was destashing some at a price I couldn't pass up. This is going to become a pair of warm socks for me as soon as I finish up the girls Sock Monkeys and the baby blankie. Right now those two things take priority of my knitting time with the exception of the test knit which is the highest priority. The test knit is almost finished though.

JL Yarn Bamboo Zania (ebay)(etsy).

JL Yarn Bamboo Zania

I picked this up on ebay pretty cheap. It's a 50% Bamboo/50% Wool blend sock yarn. I'm wondering how well it will work and if it has enough spring in it to make nice socks.

This final acquisition was a very generous gift from a friend.

Tosh Worsted

Four very yummy skeins of Tosh Worsted in the Jade colorway. These skeins will soon become warm winter wear for myself. I have plans to make Habitat (Ravelry)(non Ravelry), Evangeline (Ravelry), and Birthday Cowl (Ravelry)(non Ravelry).

I've started the Monkeys for the girls. I'm at the body of the first monkey. I won't be posting pics until they get them for Christmas. Kaity frequently looks over my shoulder when I'm at the computer and the last thing I want her to do is see a picture of them in my iPhoto album or in my Ravelry Notebook. She knows how the Ravelry Notebook works and that most likely anything in it is for her or her sister. She's one sharp cookie!

Shawn is suppose to be getting some excess school money. Since his computer is less then a year old we decided to spend some of it on a LCD HDTV. The TV we have is a temp replacement to the TV that died when we moved up here.....I'm still not convinced the horrid movers didn't do something to kill it. If you'd have seen what they did to some of our stuff you'd most likely agree. We want to splurge a little since we can, so hopefully very soon I will have a 42" TV to watch NCIS and CSI Miami. It doesn't take much to entertain me. A little yarn and a big screen TV to watch my favorite shows on....what more could a girl ask for. :~)

I'd like to thank everyone who left me comments or emailed me after my last post. Most days I can easily ignore the bad things but after awhile it all piles up and it just starts weighing me down. Things are so much easier when you have friends to talk to. Although we haven't met I consider you all friends. (((Big Hugs))) I've taken to recording The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson so I can watch it in the morning. He's such a crack up and what better way to start the day then to laugh your butt off.

Happy Crafting!




10 comments:

  1. I am with you on a big screen TV and yarn. That's all I need. Currently, I am enjoying an NCIS marathon on USA and knitting away on several projects. Oh, and that Tosh worsted is to dye for!! (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun) Yum! Hope your Typepad issues are resolved soon, too. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Sean and the girls. We really do have a lot to be thankful for. Top of my list? Friends like you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge bummer about the comments! That is one of the things I really dislike about blogger...so many people I can't respond too! Oh well I guess, but it is nice to easily reply! Lovely yarn by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 42" plasma TV is my favorite knitting companion. You won't regret this purchase. Pair it with a DVR so that you can pause live TV and record all your favorite shows and you'll be in Knitting Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... I'm not quite sure what is going on with your comments. Typepad has upgraded me and my comments are still arriving as it usually does and I'm still able to reply to them. I hope it gets resolved for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the purple bamboo!! You can send it to my house and I'll keep it safe.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohh that sucks about typepad. :(
    I love the Harry Potter colorway. :) Cute!! And the pattern is super cool looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oohh a big TV and yarn. life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you feel a little better. If it weren't for the internet, I couldn't survive here.
    I'm sure all that nice yarn perks you up a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That jade Tosh worsted is GORGEOUS!!!
    I'm so glad you were able to vent. That's what we're here for!

    ReplyDelete