Apr 29, 2008

No Much Going On

Karen (The Knitting Patch) is running a contest to raise money for RFB&D (Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic...you can read more about RFB&D on Karen's blog. The contest is going to run through the month of April so you still have a chance to jump over there and donate to be entered into the contest. Donate, don't donate, that's up to you. I did because I believe that RFB&D has made a major difference in a lot of peoples lives. I just wanted to help Karen spread the word. I've been wanting to post about this the last few posts and I kept forgetting about it. Bad Blogger No Biscuit!

I've been working on my Rogue for the last few nights.

Dsc04753

The front and back have now been split and I'm working on the back of the sweater. It won't be long before I'm starting the front. I can't wait to finish this! I really like the detailed pattern of Rogue. No, I don't need a pattern that will hold my hand but the extra detail in this pattern makes things a lot more clear with less frustration. Thankfully I have a laser printer so I can print 19 pages front & back in nothing flat. I love my Lexmark printer!

Hide and Sheep stitch markers.

Dsc04754

I bought these from their new site where you can customize your markers and bracelets. These are Tigers Eye and I decided to have them fit up to a size US9 needle, they're hanging on US 7 Knit Picks Option needle. I bought these for my lace projects. I love these markers!

I have my eye on Eris as my next sweater project but haven't decided on the pullover or the cardigan. I like both so it's a tough decision. Then again I may change my mind between now and then.



Shawn picked out a sweater pattern. He wants Iain by Figheadh Yarnworks. The designer is reworking the pattern to add in bigger sizes which is a good thing because the current pattern wouldn't fit Shawn's 50" chest. That's gonna be a lotta cables! Once I find out the yardage needed I'll order the yarn from WEBS.



I'm going to grab a little quiet knitting time before the monster toddler of the house wakes up.



6 comments:

  1. I like those stitch markers. I made a bunch for myself and my friends last year, but I used cheap beads. I must get fancier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hide and Sheep markers. They are so nice since they never get in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking to the contest - knitters are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stitch markers look great. I'm feeling the need for a little retail therapy, and those might be just the thing! You are very ambitious with all your sweaters! The rogue looks like it's coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great stitch markers. I may have to look into a set of those.
    Shawn picked a great looking sweater. Can't wait to watch the progress on that bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohh look, Shiney! me likey
    and I plan on "eventually" doing Eris as a cardi.. have the yarn and everything. want to KAL? lol

    ReplyDelete