Jun 26, 2008

A Little Knitting

I think I may have found the flip flops to beat all flip flops. Crocs sent me an email awhile back that had their new shoe line up and lo and behold they had a pair of flip flops....squee! In the summer I wear flip flops but most flip flops aren't geared for foot comfort and a lot of walking. Now all I need to do is find a store that has them in stock. I'd rather try them out in a store then buy them online.

I've been doing a little knitting on my own projects. I'm making great progress on the test knit and am looking forward to starting some socks for myself. I'll probably start a pair for myself here in a few days since the test knit is over the halfway point.

I did finish the sheepy washcloth and soap sack.

DSC05145

I changed the bind off for the soap sack to a picot bind off just because I seem to be obsessed with picot bind offs right now. It's my favorite way to bind off a pair of toe up socks. I can't wait for Woolgirl to get this yarn in stock. It would be great to use for spa sets to give to friends and family for Christmas, birthday, just because, etc. I can't pass up a soft cotton that doesn't kill my hands when I knit with it.

Here's what I ordered from Lion Brand.

DSC05113

I went there to buy the Rambling Rows Afghan (Rav)(non Rav) pattern which is what I'm going to use to make a baby blanket for my cousin and to justify the shipping I threw in a skein of Lion Brands new sock yarn Sock-Ease. The color is Lemon Drop. The yarn feels soft and has aloe in it. I really hope Lion Brand gets more colors and that my LYS, Ben Franklin Crafts or Michaels starts carrying it. Kaity is drooling over the Cotton Candy colorway. Ben Franklin carries Moda Dea Sassy Stripes, Patons Kroy and they use to carry Lion Brands Magic Stripes before it was discontinued. I have high hopes that they will stock this one too.

Yarn bought from Julia's Craft Store. She also has her own website and sells on ebay.

DSC05134

The yarn is Vinca. It's soft and the colors are pretty but I'm not sure who will get socks made out of this, maybe a pair for Kaity and Bree.

Shawn bought me a new drawer set for my knitting.

DSC05173

This twelve drawer set has replaced the 4 drawer set that I use to use. Course the 4 drawer one is holding yarn now. He picked it up from Costco the last time he went. It has a lot more drawers for storing my current WIPs. I love that I can now put my projects into drawers instead of into a bunch of bags. Specially since Bree likes to run off with my knitting bags. She thinks their fun to play with and has already stole several of my smaller project bags to use to carry toys around the house. So far she hasn't messed with the drawers, we'll see how long that lasts.

Bree needed a pair of tube socks.

DSC05178

These were knit with some leftover Cascade 220 Superwash. Bree has these black & white striped socks that had the rattles on them. The socks were never of any interest to her when she was a baby but she's taken a liking to walking around the house with the socks on because she loves the rattle sounds. The problem was the socks were too small since they were designed for a tiny infants foot not a toddler foot. I decided to knit a pair of tube socks and attach the rattles so Bree can continue to have lots of fun making noise.

I'm still working on Kaity's skirt and have about 4 inches left to knit before binding off. My Rogue is still waiting to be blocked and seamed. All other projects have been waiting for me to pick them back up again. I'm almost done with that cabled throw I start back in Sept. I need to finish 2 more panels before seaming and I'm about halfway through one of the panels. I need to start working on my Bee Fields shawl. It's been sitting in the drawer, sadly neglected for weeks now.

Happy Crafting!



9 comments:

  1. I have an older version of the croc flip flops! My one complaint was the material they used between your toes was too thick (it was just like the sole material) The new ones you found have a more traditional cloth for between the toes. I think you will like them! (I wish mine were that way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Croc flip flops? I usually don't wear flip flops because they're so flimsy I break them and they're not at all comfy, but I may definitely need to track some of these down. I love the Mary Jane style, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely storage idea for works in progress. Might have to see ifI can find something similar for myself and my son. We've boths got bits in bags all over the front room. You've got some lovely yarn there to knit with too

    ReplyDelete
  4. A picot bind off on the sock sack is a great idea! I'll definitely do the same. I also wish that Michael's would start carrying the Lion Brand Sockease. Thanks for letting us know that it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Crocs made flip flops?!?!?! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when the Mayor had those socks!Great idea to move the rattle to a new sock. Now you know when Bree is on the move :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice present from Shawn!
    Nope, cannot do it. I cannot go to the Croc side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the cheap Payless version of croc flip flops. They were purchased out of desperation while on vacation. They're pretty sweet. I've got picky feet, but they lasted me through Yellowstone Park.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea for the rattlers! May have to take that from you. LOL Of course, Austin has a longggg way to go before he outgrows anything! We are excited that he is finally in 3 month onesies. :)

    ReplyDelete