Dec 7, 2008

Happy Blogiversary To Me

Wow. It's hard to believe that it's been 2 years since I started this blog. I know I've been kind of erratic with my posting lately. Thanks to all of you who have hung on through the blog blahs. I'm not going to do a contest right now but will be holding one after the first of the year.

Today is the anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor. A date in history that is more significant then my blogiversary. Please remember our veteran old and young during this holiday season or better yet year round. Visit a VA hospital, give to the USO, make a scarf, hat, helmet liner, sock, etc. for our troops. Contact your local VA hospital about donating knit or crocheted gifts to patients. There are many in the armed services who are going to be thousands of miles away from their loved ones....even the most tiniest things from home can help. Lets also not forget the veterans in hospitals who may not have family to be with this year. Everyone needs a little cheer. I highly recommend checking out some of the groups on Ravelry that are dedicated to supporting our troops. The America Supports You site is also full of info. Any one else have any good links? Please feel free to leave them in with your comments.

I do have lots to show you guys. I've finished 4 projects since my last post and have finally gotten photos, although not very good ones. We've finally hit winter like weather here which anyone in this area knows that that means colder temps, horrible winds, and lack of sunshine. The lack of sunshine is the worst part.

I finished the baby blanket.

Baby Cable Blanket

It's ready to go to my cousin M. I really hope she likes it and gets a lot of use out of it. It's on the smaller side but should be big enough to tuck around wee one when he's in his carseat or stroller. The pattern is Baby Cable Blanket (Ravelry) and the yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash. I'd have to say it's my most favorite superwash yarn. Regular Cascade 220 kicks butt too.

I knit a square dishcloth.

Square Dishcloth

The chart was sent to me by KnitTech to see if the instructions worked for me. They did and I now have a square cloth.....very cool. The only thing I'd do differently next time would be to use a provisional cast on so I could graft the stitches together or do a three needle bind off for a smoother finish.

I finished the Circles Cloth (Ravelry)(non Ravelry).

Circle Dishcloth

Well actually it was suppose to be another one or two pattern repeats longer but I deemed it long enough and bound off. I was getting tired of working on it and wanted to move on. It's a knitter right to do as she pleases.

I knit a pair of fingerless mitts for my mom.

Fingerless Mitts

She requested another pair when we were on the phone the other day and being the good kid I am I started a pair immediately. The pattern used was Irish Hiking Scarf Armwarmers (Ravelry)(non Ravelry). I really like this pattern but I need to make a few adjustments for the next pair. These mitts are knit flat and then seamed which makes it a faster knit for me. I knit these in a few hours. I used some Noro Silk Garden from my stash. I only had one ball so the stripes don't match. Hopefully mom won't mind. I had 1-2 yards leftover from the skein. If you want matchy stripes with this pattern you need to use two skeins.

I'll make mom
another pair after the first of the year. I have 17 days to get my
Christmas knitting finished. I have one Monkey that's just about
finished and one more to go. I'll make it if I work on only those
whenever I can.


I have a great start on my CPY Merino 5 socks.

Merino 5 Toe Ups

These are for myself using a generic toe up pattern I generated using Sock Wizard for Mac. I used a turkish cast on, k3, p2 ribbing and will be using a short row heel. The yarn was acquired from a fellow Ravelry user. It's Crystal Palace Yarns Merino 5 Print, colorway Mocha Chai. I really like this yarn. It's making very squishy socks.

Typepad in all it's awesomeness has fixed my commenting issues. My problems all started when my blog was moved to the beta system. I sent them an email letting them know about my problem and they fixed it. So I'm back to normal again....woot!

Tomorrow evening I'm going in to have my hair cut off. I'm sick of the long hair and it's always in a bun so I might as well chop it off. If there's enough I'll be donating my hair to Locks of Love. I'll see about taking before and after pics to post.

I should be back here in the next few days for a post with some goodies in the mail. I finally got my first skein of Twisted Fiber Arts sock yarn. I found some one on Ravelry who was destashing a skein. I've been wanting to try their yarn forever!

Happy Crafting!



9 comments:

  1. I like smaller blankets for the car seat and stroller- they don't drag and get all wet/gunky. The color is sweet.
    Love the dishcloths, they look like fun.
    You're such a good daughter, making your mom wristwarmers!
    Glad to hear your typepad issues got fixed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! It's my anniversary, too! I think the baby blanket turned out lovely - they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Square dishcloth looks great... and happy two years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! I can't believe it's been two years since we connected. The baby blanket is gorgeous. Everything you do is top notch, including remembering Pearl Harbor Day. My Uncle, whom I never knew, is at the Punch Bowl Memorial. Amen and Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogaversary!!! Lots of great FO's too.
    I'm sure your cousin will love the baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary!!! Keep the bloggin' commin'!
    I love the baby blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the haircut. It's fun to get a new look! Thanks for the advice on the Cascade 220 Superwash. Is there an online site that you buy it from? Also, thanks for the Veterans and military info. I'm doing some charity knitting now and I'll be sure to include something for our military.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogiversary to you! Great knits. I love the baby blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogaversary. It's nice to read your blog for sure. You know we all want to see the before and after pics of the new hair doo. Seems to be adictive, because this is the second blog I read today (military too) where hair is being chopped. Am I next?

    ReplyDelete