Dec 12, 2008

Yarn Goodies

** I'm changing the title because the other one keeps attracting tons of Spam.

Dear Great Falls Water Department,

Could you kindly do something about making the tap water taste a little better. It smells and tastes like I have a direct line pumping water from the Missouri River to my house. It tastes so bad that I'm willing to cut into my yarn stash money to fork out money to have more water delivered to my house. When water tastes this bad it makes a person wonder if it's really all that safe to drink. In all the places I've lived so far this has got to be the #1 nastiest tasting water.

Thank you for your time,
The Luvs2knit Household

Seriously the water here tastes nasty. I swear my water is pumped straight from the Missouri River with no filtration at all. We use to use the bottled water for drinking but now we use it for cooking and I've resorted to using it for my coffee. We have our water delivered in the 5 gallon reusable bottles and the company we go through delivers once a month. So all in all I think we are doing pretty good from the environmentally friendly standpoint.

I'm loving the new haircut but I'm definitely going to take it a wee bit shorter when I go in again. I have received some goodies in the mail since my last post.

First up is an order from TLE.

TLE Order

I needed some more knitters hand soap and of course to keep the soap from being lonely I picked up a sock pattern and another skein of Malabrigo Sock....the color is off in the photo. For a more accurate photo you can see it here on my Flickr page. In the month of December if you are a Loopy Groupie and place an order you'll get a 2009 Romney Ridge calendar. I love looking at all the sheepy photos.

Next up is a my very first order from Perfect Day Yarns.

Perfect Day Yarns Ode to a Sea Sock

This is the Ode to a Sea Sock which is a merino/seacell yarn. The color is Can't Catch Me! I fell in love with this color combo the minute I saw it.

Lastly is my Twisted Fiber Art Arial and the colorway is Flair.

Twisted Fiber Art Arial

It's a mutating variegated. I was hoping for one of the self striping but I love the colors and I think I have the perfect pattern picked out. Guess I will have to keep on looking for some self striping. I'd really love to get my hands on a skein of the Warlock color way.....drool. Although Warlock isn't the only colorway I want, check out their colorways....yum! I think the only base yarn I wouldn't care for is their Shiny which is a merino/tencel base. I'm not really big on tencel in sock yarn.

I have one monkey done, well almost done since it still needs to be stuffed and seamed. I've decided not to make a second monkey so this one will be for Kaity. Bree isn't really a big stuffed animal kid. I may make another one later on down the road but not right now. I have a toy picked out for Bree and have already started it. It's the Bucket O' Balls pattern (Ravelry)(non Ravelry). I'm using some girly colored acrylic from my stash.

Shawn has already finished my Christmas shopping and I know he placed one order to Woolgirl and another to Amazon. Of course he's been teasing me with it** since he already got a portion of his Christmas gift. We bought him a new pair of boots from Corral West which is going out of business. We didn't want to pass up the sale plus there is no way I could buy something like that for him without him trying it on. He offered to give me one of my gifts but I resisted the temptation and will wait for Christmas morning. Yup, I'm a fool!

** No he is not being mean to me. It's all in fun.

I think that just about sums it up for now. Hopefully I'll be back again soon with some knitting progress.

Anyone have a nice warm place for me to stay. I'm thinking the The Bahamas are sounding really good bout now. The temps are going to start plummeting tonight and are suppose to hit as low as -29 on Sunday night. Mondays high is suppose to be a balmy -12 degrees. This is friggin' insane. NOAA is stating that we could see 7-10 inches of snow by tomorrow night....Yikes!

****FYI, I'm in the US so all my temps are in Farenheit.

12 Days till Christmas!

Happy Crafting!



10 comments:

  1. 12 days?? yikes, how did that happen?
    lots of yarnie num-nums- how is that perfect day yarns?
    and how about a Brita water filter for the yucky water? we have a water filter in the fridge that does the same as the brita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we're going to get hit hard, too, this weekend. I did all the grocery shopping today so we are fine if we get snowed in. And those awful temps! Ugh! I love your goodies, especially the Twisted. However, it drives me nuts trying to order from that website. Hope you all stay warm. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seriously got to get some Malabrigo sock - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We headed out this evening to get the grocery shopping done before the snow, wind, and bitter cold sets in tonight. We must in the same weather pattern path as you for this one. Ugh.
    I got some Malabrigo sock yarn a couple of weeks ago. It is so lovely! I call it crack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We headed out this evening to get the grocery shopping done before the snow, wind, and bitter cold sets in tonight. We must in the same weather pattern path as you for this one. Ugh.
    I got some Malabrigo sock yarn a couple of weeks ago. It is so lovely! I call it crack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried a Brita or Pur filter? We have a big one that sits in the fridge. Makes the water taste MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried a Brita or Pur filter? We have a big one that sits in the fridge. Makes the water taste MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, I think the water here is better than the water in Salt Lake City.
    You are very lucky to have such a yarn-friendly husband. Merry Christmas to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely yarn acquisitions. Your haircut inspired me to make an appointment and get mine cut yesterday. It's just as cold here, too. Good knitting weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GReat goodies!! sorry about your water problem. :(

    ReplyDelete