Feb 19, 2008

An FO & A New Sock & A Sample

Weeee! I can post about my sample knit for Wool Girl now.



Here's a few shots I took before sending the sock to Jen.



Dsc04026





Dsc04028



Dsc04034



I love how the sock turned out. My photo's do not do this sock justice. The yarn is by Madelinetosh, color Umoja. All proceeds are being donated to a great cause. You can read about it here. Go check out Jen's post to see more photos. I used the Cross-Stitch Block stitch pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks using a 64 stitch cast on.



The colors are gorgeous and the money is going to a wonderful cause. Go buy yarn....enable, enable, enable! You all know how much I love being an enabler.



I finished my Marie Antoinette socks. Love em, love em, love em. Here's a close up of the sock.

Dsc04077

Love the pattern, love the yarn, it's true love all around.

Dsc04079

Sock Stats:

Pattern: Marie Antoinette socks by Knitspot
Yarn: Dream in Color Smoosy, Color: Ruby River
Needles: I used a combo of DPN's and a 32" circ, size US 1/2.5mm. I used the DPN's to knit most of the first sock. After becoming familiar with the pattern I knit the second sock magic loop.

Since I finished my Marie socks I needed another sock project on the needle.

Dsc04086

Monday night I started the Cable Rib Socks from Favorite Socks. I have about 2.5 inches left before starting the toe decrease. This is turning out to be a quick knit. The yarn is Knit Picks Felici, color Arugala. This yarn is really soft so I'm curious to see how well it holds up.



We've been invaded by Girl Scout cookies. Kaity's pre-orders came in so we have been overrun by a couple hundred boxes of cookies. My craft room has been hijacked by the cookies.



5 comments:

  1. oohh the Marie Ant. socks look great... I really need to get going on mine!
    cookies!!!! cookiecookiecookie! yum!
    the one time I'm glad you live far far away mmmm cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - those Umoja colors are absolutely fabulous!
    I'm eating a Thin Mint as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy with the socks. I went to Woolgirl's site and there is some sock yarn I'll want to buy. BUT (there is always a but, isn't there?) I'm saving up for my wheel. Opportunity costs suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the sock for Jen! It's definitely a gorgeous colorway. And yay on your Marie Antoinette socks. :)
    You are a sock knitting machine. :) I need to knit more and play on the computer less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the way the cross stitch block pattern snags the bright colors of the yarn and breaks up the pooling! And that's saying something because I usually adore pooling ;) When I saw the pattern in MSKS it didn't really impress me but it's now moving up to the front of the project queue. The Marie Antoinette socks are lovely too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete