Feb 22, 2008

Goodie Filled Post

This is going to be a long, picture filled post. The mailman and UPS man brought lots of goodies to my door....weee!

The lunar eclipse from the other night.

Dsc04095

My camera doesn't zoom in close enough for a super shot but this one that Shawn took wasn't too bad. The sky was clear so we had an excellent view of it. Kaity found it fascinating and Bree could care less what was going on.

The mailman brought me a box filled with Loopy goodness.

Dsc04102

This is the stuff I ordered from The Loopy Ewe. Three different colors of Sakina Needles BFL Roving and DIC Smooshy in Spring Tickle and Go Go Grassy. I have a real obsession with Smooshy right now.

I received this in the mail the other day but wasn't going to create a blog post for one thing.

Dsc04125

It's a mini crochet key chain by 5elementknitr. I got this one after reading about it on Nell's blog. Here's the etsy link. Definitely a must have for every knitter.

Oh look, cute baby.

Dsc04099

Thought I'd throw that in to break up all the enabling. Back to the drool fest.

My baby still in her packaging.

Dsc04114

All her parts laid out on the floor ready for assembly.

Dsc04116

Assembly was fun but took awhile. Putting together a spinning wheel is not something to do if your in a hurry. I put it together while watching reruns of Crossing Jordan on A&E. I really wished they wouldn't have canceled this show. A&E is currently my favorite TV channel and is the reason I'm hooked on CSI: Miami.

Here she is all put together.

Dsc04122

Preeeecious, My Precious (gotta use Gollum's voice from Lord of the Rings). You know the voice, the one he uses when he's petting the One Ring. Yes, I love Lord of the Rings and yes I read the books way before the movies were ever thought of.

Oh look my very first skein of over twisted fluff.

Dsc04133

This is a small amount that I spun last night. It's not the prettiest in the world but it's a start and I'm proud of my over twisted bit of fluff. I'm going to try to spin some more after I get Bree down for her nap this afternoon.

Alright, I've finally made it through all the pics. I should be seeing a box from Wool Girl soon carrying a couple skeins of sock yarn and a new sample knit! I'm planning on ordering from her again this payday. I want to pick up Knitspot's Bee Fields Shawl pattern and enough Malabrigo lace to knit it. I don't wear shawls but I want to knit them. Guess they'll make great decorations. Anyone have creative ideas for shawls?



11 comments:

  1. oh Wow. I'm so psyched about the wheel... gonna have fun! all your goodies are awesome, sigh. I'm jealous but in a nice way! lol
    Now let me go muss up that baby! Cutness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. I can see that once I start spinning a roving stash is going to be inevitable. Beautiful wheel! We missed the eclipse due to clouds. Blarg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! how exciting! I can't wait to see more of your spinning adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a post! Goodies all around! Can't wait to see you actually operating the wheel. Can Shawn take a picture? I agree about the Smooshy. Good luck with Bee Fields. It's so pretty. Have a great weekend. Hope everyone is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the spinning.....give you credit (lots of) for that! :) Creative ideas for shawls....hmmmm....ok, I'll send you yarn, you knit shawl and send to me? LOL I still have 2 in my basket that I started and that's as far as I've gotten.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it is a super long post of knitterly goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The precious is VERY precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quote for things we love.. I have 3 "My Preeeecious's".
    1 - Knittech
    2 - My Laptop
    3 - My Grill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome goodies! And yay for the wheel. :) You are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OO almost lost me at the cute baby picture. Love that crazy baby hair!
    Have fun with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete