Feb 3, 2008

Yarn & Knitting Progress

I've been trying to dig out the mess here in the house that has accumulated since I got sick. Next week is going to be a busy cleaning week for me.....wish me luck.

First up, Kaity's hat. Here's the shot of the inside of the hat.

Dsc03939

I think its coming along nicely.

Dsc03946

I'm knitting another hat to tuck up inside the other hat. For the second hat I'm knitting a stripe instead of the star.



I bought a skein of STR lightweight from a Ravelry user who was destashing.



Dsc03942



The color is a 07 sock club color, Flower Power. I want to buy a few skeins of BMFAs shaded solids and maybe some laceweight for Irtfa'a. I want to make that shawl....bad!



I finished the first Marie Antoinette sock.

Dsc03954

I'm in serious mad love with this sock pattern. I'm going to start the second sock tonight. I think I'll use this pattern again to make a pair of socks for my mom. I'm the designated sock knitter right now because mom is going in for surgery for her carpal tunnel next month. They're going to work on one hand and then after that ones healed they'll work on the other hand. Hopefully the surgeries will be successful and mom can go back to knitting. She's going crazy not being able to knit right now because of the pain. (hi mom, I know you're reading.)  :)

I received this from Cara (January One).

Dsc03951

I won these cards in her blog contest. They are gorgeous. If you're interested in buying some, heres the link.

I bought some yarn from Wal*Mart this afternoon.

Dsc03959

Our Wal*Mart still has the 1lb cones of Peaches & Creme cotton for $6.64....can't pass that up. I picked up two cones and a skein of Bernat Softee Chunky to make Zeus some more toys. I'll use the Peaches & Creme to make skirts for Kaity. This yarn is very durable and easy to wash so it should make some great play skirts....plus it's cheap.

I also have some boxes coming in from Knit Picks and Wool Girl and will blog about them when they come in. I bought some of Knit Picks new longer needles for sock knitting and a few books....yes I threw in a few skeins of sock yarn. I needed to get the price up there for the free shipping. The Wool Girl order was a splurge. I destashed a skein of Yarn Pirate merino to a fellow Ravelry user who was desperately wanting it. I needed to replace the destashed skein so I bought a skein of Family Pendragon treadsoft sock yarn, plus a few extra goodies. Who hasn't bought yarn to replace yarn they've gotten rid of? Sounds very logical to me.



7 comments:

  1. Kaity's hat looks awesome. :)
    You always have really good stash enhancements. Love the STR flower power colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I wish I was that productive when I'm sick. I barely finished the shawl and finally got to swatch and cast on my new KP project and that's it. DayQuil didn't do much for me after the first couple doses. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze me with your FO's even when sick. You must have the best dressed girls on the entire base. EZ has a hat pattern in Knitter's Almanac (July) for two hats that are knitted together end to end, and then one is tucked into the other. Pretty cool. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your poor Mom! Not able to knit? I'd go nuts
    Loving the Marie A sock... I should bump that one up on my list soon... I have the pattern AND yarn.
    too many projects, not enough hours in the day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stuff! I hope your Mom feels better. I'm sure carpal tunnel is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done on the hat and sock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice enhancements! And Kaity's hat looks very good.

    ReplyDelete