Feb 16, 2008

Goodies

My Knit Picks box finally got her yesterday. Shawn and I went into town to find new computer desks and came home to find it sitting on the porch. WooHoo!

Dsc04058

I got 2 skeins of Felici: Arugala, 2 skeins of Essential: Blue Violet Multi, a WPI tool, 2.5mm 40" Circ for knitting 2 at a time, Knitting on the Road and 2-at-a-time Socks. As soon as I finish my Marie Antoinette socks I'll be starting a pair from one of these two books.

I also picked up 4 more cones of Peaches & Creme the other day.

Dsc04063

I can't help it. It's a sickness. The colors are starting to disappear so I snagged 4 more cones yesterday. I think I have enough now.

I've also been knitting. I finished the 2nd panel in my Cable Comfort Throw.

Dsc04052

Still have 4 more panels to go. I decided to add one more panel to make the throw a little larger. I'm going to look for a thinner yarn to seam all the panels together. I think the Thick & Quick yarn is way to thick to make for easy seaming.

I also started the Celtic Knot Stole but since I've only finished 5 whole rows I didn't figure it was far enough along to post a pic.

Why is it that I always seem to have troubles when ordering things. I placed the order for my wheel the other day. It shipped out that same afternoon...woot! Now the problem, someone decided to add a double treadle kit to my order making the price go up $100. So needless to say I was charged $100 more then I should have. I don't need a double treadle kit, my wheel comes with a double treadle standard the kit if for older wheels that the owner wants to upgrade....sigh! So I called customer service and they fixed it right away. They are issuing me the credit and all I need to do is refuse the one box and have UPS send it back. But I need to figure out which of the three boxes needs to go back without opening them! What a PITA!

So now I have to stalk the UPS website to make sure that the delivery date doesn't change so I can catch the UPS delivery person before they drop the boxes and run. If not I'll have to schedule a pick up and have the delivery person come back.

Anyone else out there have an UPS delivery person who drops the boxes on the door step, rings the doorbell and then runs as fast as they can to their truck like someones standing in the doorway with a double barrel shotgun? I have one of those, unless of course they need a signature then they give a few extra seconds before they leave a slip and run for the truck. I miss our delivery lady in Idaho *sniff, sniff*

Today I leave you with Kaity.

Dsc04051

We bought her a new snow suit. Not that she's using it right now, it's like 47 degrees outside. We bought the next size up so she can wear it next year.



11 comments:

  1. Cascade 220 would be great for seaming the throw - that's what I used on my Lizard Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stash and book enhancement. That cable throw is going to be so comfy! And Kaity is a doll in her new snow suit. It's warm here, too, but very windy. I finished one garter rib sock today and am almost ready to block Forest Canopy. It's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a UPS driver like that - he literally left a box that was open and ran! I really can't stand UPS because of the issues I've had with them. Enjoy your new wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a PITA. But, we'll all get to swoon over your new wheel soon, so it will be worth it.
    Yes, UPS does run like their heels are on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goodies! I have that 2 sock on circs book in my KP "stash" and the needles too, I've been debating with myself if I really need it or now. But I'm sure I'll eventually get cave and get it. lol.
    Sorry to hear that you wont be getting to play with your wheel. :( At least the customer service was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy all your new purchases! I see Kaity loves her snow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute snow suit! we have not needed ours at all this year, its just nuts.
    yes, each area for UPS is different and your driver prolly has a heavy route so those few minutes make all the difference in getting all done. ours is the same, drop and run (but some of that hurry is the fact that Gunnar would love to eat them lol)
    good luck stalking! can't wait to see the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least your UPS person rings the bell! Ours just puts up the "sorry we missed you" sticker and I have to pick everything up at the office. Whatever.
    I'm so excited for the wheel. Maybe the boxes will be labeled. You can hope, right??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see lots of dish towels in your future. Ommmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so lucky, my UPS guy likes to say hi face-to-face. He always knocks and waits, even in the rain. :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here UPS doesn't ring the bell at all. He parks on the street and makes a mad dash from the truck to the door and back to the truck all stealth like.

    ReplyDelete