Feb 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Wishing you all a Happy Love Day.

Dsc04047

Shawn ordered these for the girls and I. I was completely shocked when the delivery person brought them to my front door this morning. Bree kept saying "Wow" and pointing. Kaity's still at school but I can imagine she'll be excited to see all those balloons.

I finished the sample knit and it's winging it's way home as I type. I'll post about it when I can.

I also finished a few things for Kaity. She's been pestering me about these for days.

First up, her hat.

Dsc04036

Norwegian Star Earflap hat, minus the earflaps and one full star repeat.

Dsc04040

I did a provisional cast on so I could pick up the stitches easier and knit the hat to push inside the hat. The hat has been washed and blocked so both sides are the same size now.

I finished Kaity's Monkey socks.

Dsc04043

I used a pink/white TOFUtsies. Knit at a slightly tighter gauge then the pattern states will give you a sock small enough for a 6 year olds foot without the need to modify the pattern. Ah, the powers of gauge.



I ordered my wheel this morning from The Woolery. I've heard they have great customer service. The guy I talked to this morning was really nice. I can't wait to get my wheel.....weeeeee! Now I need to start thinking about names.



I've decided to knit the Celtic Knot Stole but I need to enlarge the charts. If I tried to read them as is I'll go blind. I can't wait to get started. I'll probably be starting this by the weekend.



8 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! love the balloons
    Kaity's hat looks awesome and warm.
    Love the woolery... ordered parts from then and they are super great!
    so.psyched for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the customer service front!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day! And what a great present - I can't wait to see the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Wheel!!!
    Those balloons are really nice. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you're getting a wheel. You are just too awesome. Can't wait to see what you spin up. :)
    Hope your vday was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it. Is it for sale or would you be willing to make something for me?
    You can contact me through the "contact us" link on this site.
    Thanks,
    Shane (Celtic Artist)
    http://celtic-tattoo.net

    ReplyDelete