Feb 27, 2008

Feelin' Better

My knee is starting to feel better. It isn't tender anymore and it's only swelling now if I'm on my feet for too long. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things but it's slow going when I constantly have to take breaks. Still no spinning. I'm giving my knee a little more time before I start peddling.

I do have a few things to show you. I received these in the mail on Saturday.

Dsc04151

I had a $25 credit at TLE so I decided to pick up the red canvas bag (sold out again) and Little Loopy.



Dsc04154



Isn't Little Loopy cute!! I still have the bag but Bree stole Little Loopy away from me and renamed him Pie. She calls all lambs "Pie". It's short for Lambie Pie which is what we called the first lamb we gave her. She's fascinated with his movable arms and legs. So the next time I order I'll have to buy a new Little Loopy for myself.

I finished Kaity's mittens.

Dsc04161

I didn't have much left to knit to finish them but always found other things to knit. Next time I'm going use a provisional cast on to make things easier.



I just looked at the list of my WIPs on Ravelry and noticed that I only have 5 projects. It's been awhile since I had so few WIPs.

I also finished the Cross-Stitch Block socks.

Dsc04172

I'm still waiting for sunshine to get a better shot. Kaity fell in love with this colorway so I'm going to order a skein this payday to make her some socks for her birthday. It will be a late birthday gift but she knows about it and I'm going to let her pick out a pattern.

I'm starting another pair of socks for myself using some blue & Green Cherry Tree Hill potluck supersock (flickr link) that I bought from The Yarn Shoppe way long ago before I had a stash. Actually this yarn was the start of my sock yarn stash. The pattern I'm using is Rattlesnake Creek Socks (Rav link)(pdf link).



8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your knee is doing better. There is nothing worse. I've had a bum left knee for years. The mittens and socks turned out great. And thanks for the link to Rattlesnake socks. Love those cables, and the name fits here in Wyoming. You would hear my scream in Great Falls if I ever see one. Hope you, Shawn and the girls are doing fine. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your knee is feeling better - you're smart to keep resting it a while more. And I love my TLE canvas bag - Sheri did a great job finding those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! great news your knee is feeling better. smart to keep resting it and not over-do. seems like you have a pretty good handle on it!
    Kaity's mittens look super warm and the socks came out great as usual. I'm seriously thingking of making a yarn purchase (un-budgeted)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your knee is feeling better. Your FO's look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear your knee is better. Kaity's new mittens are cute. Here in Boise it's too warm to wear them now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news about your knee!
    5 WIPs? I would go nutty with my OCD. I have one project at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the knee is better! Cute tote bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear your knee is feeling better. :)
    I contemplated getting the cute red tote but wasn't sure if I needed yet another knitting bag, lol.
    The socks look great, love the color. :)

    ReplyDelete