Feb 25, 2008

Knitting, No Spinning

I haven't been able to spin these last few days. Some how I managed to mess up my knee. I can hardly put pressure on it or bend it so pushing the peddle on my wheel is out of the question. I may need to go to the doc if it doesn't start feeling better in the next few days.

Since all I could do was sit on my butt these last few days I managed to finish my Cable Rib Socks from Favorite Socks.

Dsc04143

The yarn is Knit Picks Felici, color Arugala. These were a quick knit. It took me a few days per sock. The Felici is really soft and pleasant to work with. I didn't find any knots. If you like to match up stripes on your socks when using self striping yarn you may go a little crazy with this yarn. It's tough to figure out the patten repeat. I tried to match them up but decided it wasn't worth the loss of my sanity.

I also started the second Cross-Stitch Block sock using the Madelinetosh sock yarn, color Umoja.



Dsc04148

Jen sent the sock back so I could finish the pair. I'm working on the gusset decreases right now. After these socks are finished I'll get a good pic of them when the sun is out and shinning.

Yarn in the mail. I received this from Jen Saturday.

Dsc04134

Smooshy sock, color: Blue Lagoon.....I'm addicted to this stuff. The other skein is IN-SYNC sock yarn from Zen Yarn Garden, color Island Ruby.

I have another skein of yarn from Jen to knit a sample. I'm very much looking forward to starting and probably will either tonight or tomorrow.



Now it's time for me to get Bree some lunch so I can get her down for a nap. She's extremely fussy today.



6 comments:

  1. I was the same way with my Felici socks - I think I wasted a couple of yards of yarn trying to match up those stripes! I hadn't seen the Smooshy Blue Lagoon yet - must be one of the new colors - very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you get a wheel then jack your knee so you can't spin? WTF girl?!
    Lov the Madelinetosh sock yarn..the colors are great! and the KP socks are pretty aweome too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your knee heals well. Sorry to hear about it hurting, especially since you were just starting to play with your new wheel.
    Eepp, I have blue lagoon too, isn't it sooo pretty?
    I'm really jealous of you right now, getting to knit with new test yarns. ahh I suppose I'll just have to stalk your blog to hear more about these yarns from wool girl.
    Feel better girl. *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your knee gets better. On the plus side, you own the wheel so it can sit without you feeling guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks look fantastic! Hope your knee feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm sure it's awful to chase the girls with a bad knee. RICE! Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevation. Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete