Mar 16, 2008

A Little Progress

It's been a little busy here. I've made some progress on my projects and made a couple of stash enhancements. I also finished my sample knits for Woolgirl. I'll show you them when I can.

First up, the first purchase from TLE.

Dsc04363

I bought this a few days before the Wollmeise sneak up. I didn't really think I'd get any Wollmeise so this was my consolation order. I've been wanting some of the Trekking Hand Art and Heather of All Things Heather is dying yarn again and I couldn't pass up the gorgeous Apricot colorway.

Now the Wollmeise sneak up which was the last one I'm ever going to participate in. They are just too intense and way too crazy. It sold out in a record breaking 5 minutes this time. I have 3 skeins....I'm happy!

Dsc04370

I bought Campari Orange (skein in front) and Wilder Mohn (skein in back). Both are extremely gorgeous. I also picked up the Loopy Lace toe up sock pattern. I really like Wendy's patterns and will probably pick up more now that I've figured out how to knit toe up socks. I bought some BRS Bergamot Mint Knitters Hand Soap which smells great, leaves my hands smooth and doesn't dry them out. I have a problem with soap drying my hands out and causing red rashes....very painful! I'll be buying more of this soap soon.

Now on to the knitting. The drool fest is over for now, I promise!

I finished Kaity's toe up sock.

Dsc04380

I found a short row heel technique that I like. It's the Next Step Diagonal short row heel from the Sock Wizard program. They' make the software for Macs and PCs. I finished off the sock with a k3, p2 ribbed cuff and did a cute little picot bind off. Now I need to cast on the second sock.

Last night I finished the first Reims Stocking watching Are We Done Yet?...cute and funny movie!

Dsc04382

I cut out 10sts and knit the cuff a little shorter. I really like this pattern and will more then likely use this one again.

And for my final knit project, I give you a Bear in many pieces.

Dsc04386

I just finished knitting all the pieces for Bree's Bear. I'm planning on seaming and stuffing it this afternoon while she is taking a nap.

Now it's time to put my wee monkey down for a nap and attack laundry mountain. Yup, it's that time again. There's only a few loads today because I scaled part of the mountain yesterday.

Happy Crafting! I think that should encompass everyone, knitters, crocheters, quilters, etc. You all will probably see more then yarn on the blog soon. It's time to dig out the sewing machine. It's been neglected for too long.

I'm going to start working on some pjs for Kaity, plus I have a small quilt to finish and a blankie to make for Bree. This will be the first time making clothing so there might be a bit of cursing. I promise not to throw the scissors....that's dangerous!



9 comments:

  1. I love that red yarn! Very rich and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like I'm always under a mountain of laundry! And there are only 2 of us!
    If you think that Campari Orange is too bright, I have a skein of Dani I'd trade you! wink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stash enhancement! The Wollmeise is gorgeous. And all the socks are looking very good. Thanks for the tip on the soap. I have the same problem, so will order some soon. Seems like no matter what I do my hands are dry and cracked. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW- great colors! all very very pretty...
    Kaity's socks look great- does she love them?
    Can't wait to see Bree's bear- cuteness!
    sewing clothes??? really? can I put in my order for lounging pj pants?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is heresy, but I think that Trekking Hand Art is much prettier than the Wollmeise - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gonna be such a cute bear for Bree.
    I feel so redundant when I keep saying how much your stash enhancements rock!!
    hmmm I have yet to be happy with any of the short row heel techniques I've come across, but we'll see. Guess it's just practice, practice, and more practice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bear is going to be so cute. I wonder if Baby Bird needs one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so lucky to have gotten some Wollmeise. Beautiful colors! I've been considering buying Sock Wizard. Would Sock Wizard help me to size down already existing patterns that are too large for my feet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't believe you that yarn doesn't show up everyday! :) Very nice!

    ReplyDelete