Mar 2, 2008

Need Some Sun!

When oh when are we ever going to see some sunshine. I hate cloudy, ugly days. They make for poor picture taking. Guess I'm going to have to break down and make/buy a light tent for photo taking.

I started the Rattlesnake Creek socks the other day. I finished one sock last night and have started the second one.

Dsc04199

This is a shot of the first sock I took the other day and it isn't all that great due to lack of natural light. The second sock is almost to this point. I may be cutting it kinda close with these socks. The leftover ball weighs about 8 grams more then the first sock. There isn't going to be much yarn leftover.

Kaity turned 7 yesterday. It's amazing how fast the time flies.

Dsc04214

We decided to let her open the gifts we bought her instead of making her wait until her party which isn't until next week.

Yesterday we took Kaity out to spend some of her birthday money. She bought a sidewalk chalk rake and sidewalk super brush & paint by Crayola and I managed to find yarn.

Dsc04231

The two skeins of Bernat Softee Baby were bought to make the bear out of this booklet. I'm going to make one for Bree and one for my nephew. The two skeins of Patons Decor are to make some more fingerless mitts for my mom. We also went to Ben Franklin Crafts to check out their yarn selection. It isn't too bad. It is going to be my new place for buying dishcloth cotton. They have a very nice selection of Sugar N Cream to include the stripe yarns and twists. The two skeins of red Bernat Handicrafter are for Kaity. She wants me to make a blanket for her beanie babies. It's the Holiday Sparkle stuff so it has the metallic stripe in it. Guess the beanies need a blankie with some bling.

We bought another play yard to give the girls more room to play and added more plastic balls to the ball house.

Dsc04247

As you can see they have lots more play room. Happy kiddos = happy mommy!



Dsc04253

And since I haven't post a pic of the goofy mutts in awhile.

Dsc04261

I took this one of zeus while I was playing with him. He loves to growl and bark at me. He's so scary for a 7 pound poodle....well he thinks he's scary.

Anyone else have a dog that lays like this?

Dsc04259

Shadow loves to sleep with all her paws sticking out. How in the world could that possibly be comfy.



I want to make A Good Stripe Dress from the Spring 08 Interweave Knits mag. It calls for Louet Euroflax Sport...yeah right, don't think so. I'm not willing to spend $95 to make a dress for my daughter. I'm thinking of subbing the Euroflax with Knit Picks Shine Sport making the cost about $37.



7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITY!!!!!!!!!!! yippie!
    we love the play yards too... they work great for kids and animals!
    I can't believe you are finished the first Rattlesnake sock already- wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Kaity!
    Trish, have you seen this light box at Wal-Mart - it actually looks like a pretty good setup and bargain for $60 (although in my local store it's only $40). http://www.walmart.com/catalog/
    product.do?product_id=8144811

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Kaity had a great birthday! Lots of good yarn eye candy, too. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! A big happy bday to Kaity!!
    That is definitely one big play area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (belated) Birthday Kaity!

    ReplyDelete