Mar 21, 2008

When Good Cables Go Bad

So what do you do when you crossed a cable wrong and you don't catch it until 12 rows later?

You rip the whole thing out and start again.



Dsc04406



Well the cable section that is. With 2 bamboo DPNs, 1 crochet hook, a little ingenuity, a lot of bravery, 2 hours of peace and quiet in the wee hours of the morning and a bit more cussing, you get a newly formed cable without having to rip out 2 inches of sweater.

Dsc04407

As good as new. I'm darn proud of myself with this one. Shawn had the audacity to ask me if anyone would notice. Well duh, I would. It's my sweater and it would drive me crazy. I had him laughing at my insanity. It was a very noticeable mess up. The cable didn't have the pretzely look it that its suppose to have it looked more like the symbol for B(r)east** cancer awareness.
** I'm trying to avoid unsavory hits if you know what I mean.

Oh yeah, all this talk about cables, I forgot to tell you all.....I've started a sweater for myself.
The cable above is the start of my Rogue.

I put the Bee Field Shawl in time out after having to rip out 7 rows because of a very tiny and stupid mistake I made. I'll pick it back up here in the next day or two.

Here's some shots of the samples I knit for Woolgirl. Both socks were knit out of MadelineTosh sock yarn, color Canary.

First up is the Rococo Sock (knitspot pattern)



Dsc04330 Dsc04341






The Monkey Sock.



Dsc04344



Dsc04354





I have a new test knit on the needles and will share when I get the green light.



Hope everyone has a Happy Easter.



9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to all of you! Hope your weekend is a good one. We have added to new members to our family. Two more rescue Weims, 5 year old sisters Zoe and Sadie, who were in need of a forever home. They have one now. So adorable, and Milo has accepted them without any issues. They were abused badly by the teenage children of the wealthiest family in town. All is weel now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are brave! Amazing what you can do when you have a couple of hours to yourself. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!!!!!!! excellent re-do on the cable!
    all the socks look great
    Happy Hoppy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the cable operation. I am terrified to try doing that yet. Though I should just make a sample square with a mistake to fix so I can get the fear out of my system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!! Great thinking. I would've been sad if I had to unravel 2 inches. Your sweater is gonna be so cute. One of these days I'm gonna have to actually make something other than socks. :)
    You are a whipping these tests socks out so fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on fixing the cable. You knit socks pretty fast. Have you thought about doing the March Madness? (I think it's called that.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very impressed with your repair work - good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much braver than I, I know I would have frogged and started over

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are brave. I'd be more proud of fixing that mistake than I would of knitting the whole sweater, but I'm weird like that.

    ReplyDelete