Mar 8, 2008

I've Gone Toe Up...

Well socks that is. I've finally tried toe up socks.

Dsc04305

These are for Kaity but I have another sock on the needles that is a sample for Woolgirl that is also being knit toe up. It's not that hard. I thought it would be tough but it turned out it wasn't that bad after all. I'm using Berroco Sox which in my opinion feels a lot like Opal. At about $10-12 for a 100g ball it's a great buy. I'll have to see how it wears but it is a wool/nylon sock yarn so I'd imagine it will wear fine.

Speaking of samples, here's the last one I knit for Woolgirl.

Dsc04195

It's Paca Ped H-T, color Carribean Chocolate. I really enjoyed knitting with this yarn. The colors were yummy, it held up to more then one frogging, and it wasn't splitty. The brown and blues are a little more deeper then what they show in my picture. We were lacking in sunshine when I knit this sock. Go check out Jen's post for a more accurate pic. Jen's adding the yarn to her shop this Sunday (9 March).

I received my first Seven Deadly S(p)ins shipment today...woot! Click Here if you want to see it. I love this shipment and will probably cast on really soon.



7 comments:

  1. I LOVE toe up & Sherman Heel- makes a nice switch up to keep things interesting!
    your 7 spins shipment looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toe up is my favorite way to knit socks now - I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue and brown together! And I really love toe up socks. That way I know I won't run out of yarn before my toes are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the toe up - I really need to get there
    I just snuck a peak at the SDS shipment - oh boy - I hope mine is at the office Monday (I doubt it!) but it 's definately worth looking forward to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these socks and this is the 1st toe-ups?! Nicely done. I love doing socks toe-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't care of toe ups, but it takes all types. Now you'll need to do both at the same time and you'll be set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some pretty test sock yarn. :)
    And dang girl, the seven deadly sins package is just too awesome.
    Yeah toe up isn't too bad. I had to learn how to do it for my firestarters, but I think I'm gonna stick to just regular cuff down. :)

    ReplyDelete