Mar 28, 2008

I Hate Spring Break!!!

Now that I'm not a kid and I have two of my own, I can say without a doubt in my mind "I Hate Spring Break." Some of you may ask yourself "Why would she hate spring break." I'll answer in two words "No School". We're coming to the end of spring break and I am very ready for Kaity to go back to school. She's driving me crazy....not that I have to drive far to hit crazy.

The first thing Kaity drove me crazy about,

Dsc04518

Her socks! She wanted her new socks finished. So I sped through the second sock the other night so I could wash them for her for the next day. I really like Berroco Sox. It knits up nicely and although it's a tad scratchy while knitting with it, it softens up very nicely after a nice soak in wool wash. The scratchiness isn't any worse then any other basic sock yarn with nylon in it. I'd compare the feel to that of Opal sock yarn. We'll see how well it wears. I knit her a pair of socks back in Nov of 2006 out of some Regia and the socks are still going strong after lots of wear and trips through the washer and dryer. You can see the socks in my Rav Notebook. Regia really does wear like iron.

I knit a dish cloth.

Dsc04517

This pattern is from Lily. It's the Doily Style Dishcloth and you need to have a freebie account with Lily to download the pattern. I noticed that the pattern is on the ball band of the Sugar N' Cream too. I think I'll make this one again. It's worked in the round and works very well with variegated yarn.

The Reims Stockings are coming along.

Dsc04524

It doesn't look it but I'm about halfway through the foot pattern.

I also finished my sample knit for Woolgirl but I need to keep that one under wraps for now. I should be getting a new sample knit from her soon.

I started another dishcloth but I'm only 6 rows into it so there isn't much to photograph. Same goes for the inch I knit on my sweater.

The Bee Fields Shawl is out of it's time out and the 7 rows I had to rip are now back on the needles again. I was an idiot and didn't run lifelines. The only thing that saved me is that the Malibrigo lace is kinda grabby so I was able to pull back the rows one at a time very slowly until I was back to the mistake. Since the shawl doesn't look any different then it did the last time I posted about it, I didn't bother with another photo. The only difference now is you would see lifelines in the pic.



If all goes well, this payday I'll be ordering the yarn from Knit Picks to make dresses for Kaity and Bree. I'm going to pick up some Shine Sport for Kaity and I think I'm going to try some of their new yarn Comfy for Bree's dress.




It's time to start thinking about summer knitting.



9 comments:

  1. lol Glad you are happy Spring Break is over. We had spring break two weeks ago. :)
    That's a really pretty dishcloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean... DH took the week off too and I was about nuts by the end of the week.
    Kaity's socks look great, as do all the others-
    summer knitting! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about spring break. I had three kids and no husband. It felt like spending the week in a Turkish prison, only I had to do all of the cooking and laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, spring break for us was a whole Friday through Monday off. I guess I was looking forward to it as much as the kids were...but then again, I was at the school with them. I love the socks AND I'm also looking forward to summer knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute socks on Kaity! You're almost through Spring Break. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you..I hate spring break! And weekends aren't always a treat either..I few my Friday as a Monday and then my Monday is usually a feel good day like my friday would normally be because I have a whole 5 days with a couple hours of quiet time in the morning!
    P.s. love the stockings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if I were you, I'd be more concerned about summer vacation! :-)
    I want to try the Knit Picks Comfy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never heard of a lifeline, but it makes perfect sense. You taught me something new today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you knitting like crazy to excape the madness of spring break? I used to hate it when my kids were home because it is not warm enough for them to do anything, and we did not have enough money to fly away on vacation. Who thought it up anyway? Boo to them. I hope you will be able to show your bee fields as you knit. I love that pattern, but don't have it. And Kaity's sock look so cute on her! Your girls are really precious, especially when it isn't spring break. lol

    ReplyDelete