Mar 5, 2008

mmmmmm, Malabrigo!

Watch out, here comes a yarn overloaded post. Thought I'd give a warning for anyone who's trying to resist temptation. Both packages are from Woolgirl with the exception of one skein of Berroco Sox which I bought from an ebay seller.



Package from Woolgirl.

Dsc04266

Jen packages everything so prettily.

Here's the goodies:

Dsc04269

3 hanks of Malabrigo lace, color Lettuce for the Bee Fields shawl pattern and a hank of Dream in Color Smooshy, color Lunar Zazzle. Jen also added a sample of Soak and a tin of Ginger Peach lip balm. I also ordered a skein of the Madelinetosh sock yarn in Umoja color which will be coming in here in the next week or so.

The Malabrigo lace can be summed up in one word "Yum". This stuff is fabulously soft and am having a hard time holding off on casting on the Bee Fields shawl.



I finished the Rattlesnake Creek socks this morning.



Dsc04284





The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Potluck. I bought it from an LYS in Idaho when I first started knitting socks. This was one of the first yarns I bought that started my stash.



Here's a more detailed shot.



Dsc04289



I really enjoyed knitting these socks but the pattern threw me for a loop at first because the pattern repeat chart is one that is set to read like it's for a flat knit. All you have to do is ignore the numbering on the left hand side of the chart and knit from left to right. The written instructions however are wrong. They're written as if the pattern was knit flat. So if you do not knit from charts you're going to have a problem. I've contacted the designer about these issues.



Oh look, more yarn.



Dsc04295



The Knittery Merino/Cashmere sock yarn, color Wonder, Dashing Dachs superwash merino, color Apple Snap, Zen Yarn Garden Merino/Nylon, color Dark Blush, and one skein of Berroco Sox, color #1476. All but the Berroco Sox came from Woolgirl.



I have a new sample knit I'm getting ready to start. As always I'll post pics when I can.



8 comments:

  1. Your blog is bad for my bank account! Just thought you'd like to know. :-) Beautiful stash enhancement - and I love the CTH socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yarn coma from this post. Yummy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drool! The socks look great and so does the stash enhancement. I love Jen's website so much I just can't stay away. Can't wait to see that Malabrigo lace knit up. Hope you are all ok. We're getting snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Yum! lookit all the goodies! the Wonder color..purple, blue & green? LOVE IT!
    I'm resigned to drooling over your stash for a while...
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice socks! You're going to be a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks. Love the yarn even more. That's some very pretty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just WOW! You always get such awesome stuff. I love it! Thanks for sharing your stash enhancements so I can live vicariously through you. hehehe.
    ooohhh another sock yarn to try out. I can't wait to hear more about it. :)

    ReplyDelete