Jun 7, 2008

30's Not So Bad

Today is my 30th birthday and guess what, 30 feels the same as 29! Well at least it does for me. We aren't doing much of anything today. I have the house to myself right now since Bree is napping and Shawn took Kaity to a birthday party. Although Shawn should be back soon with my Carmel Frappuccino from Starbucks....yummmmmm! Yes it's fully loaded. I can't bring myself to try the skinny drinks. Since I only get Starbucks a few times a month it's not to horrible. I made the mistake of looking up the nutritional information one day....yikes!

Most of my knitting has been test/sample knits. But I did make a washcloth for Bree.

DSC04968

I want to make a stack of them for cleaning Bree up after she's done eating. Bree's feeding herself and she doesn't always hit the spoon on the mark the first time around. I'm using Cottontots since it's really soft and one of my favorite cottons to work with.

I did get some yummy stuff for my birthday. First up is some Plassard Dune yarn from my friend Colleen.

DSC04998

I haven't decided what to knit with it yet. I'm still on the hunt for the right pattern.

This came in the mail yesterday from my mom.

DSC05022

She's sneaky! She went on to Amazon and browsed through my wishlist and got me The Opinionated Knitter. I've been wanting this one for awhile.

My birthday gift to myself.

DSC04967

I placed a small order through Woolgirl for a few things that caught my eye. The yummy berry colored yarn is by J Irby Designs and I couldn't pass up the coffee cozy kit put together by The Unique Sheep. I love the colors. Jen included a cute little sheep notepad and sample of wool wash.

I was really touched when Shawn brought this home from Kaity's teacher.

DSC05002

She put these together for the parents who helped her out in the classroom throughout the year. I'm not sure if I want to hang these outside with the way the wind blows around here. I may transplant them to a bigger pot and place them on one of the porches. I wonder how well these would do here in the house? I'll figure something out.

Here in a few days I'll post about the skirt I'm making for Kaity. I started it last night so there isn't much to show yet. Plus I must spread out the blog fodder or I'm going to run out. Plus I have a baby blanket to knit so I'll be talking about the pattern and yarn possibilities.

Happy Crafting!



11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! Welcome to the 30's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Happy Happy Birthday!!!!
    you're right, 30 dosen't feel any different than 29, its all how YOU feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I didn't notice much difference between 29 and 30 except I think I've enjoyed 30 more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! I'll be turning 50 in a few days so you enjoy being a young kid at 30. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Enjoy every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, and enjoy all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Wait until you turn 40...it's the best time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. Don't worry about it, it's only a number. I swear I'm only 21, even though my ID doesn't agree with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!!! Welcome to your 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doh!! I can't believe I missed this post. Happy super Belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete