Jun 2, 2008

Bad Blogger, No Cookie!

It's been forever since I last posted not counting the "I hate TypePad" post from the other day. I think I have all the kinks worked out with the blog now. Now hopefully TypePad will fix the composer because it's slowness and glitches are driving me crazy.

I've been up to a lot of stuff over the last 13 days. It's hard to believe I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks. I wished I could say I've been up to grand things but I haven't.

I knit two dishrags. The first is the Nine-Patch Dishcloth and the second one is the Diagonal Ripple Cloth.

DSC04905

DSC04944

These have been put up for now because I really have no need for dishcloths. I have a stack of about twenty in my closet. Both patterns were good knits. If you don't mind weaving in ends the nine-patch cloth is a perfect scrap buster. I do need to remember to knit one less row before binding off the top and side squares of the nine-patch cloth.

Bree has a new tank top.

DSC04921

I was wanting on feedback for a test knit I'm working on so I cast this one on for Bree. It was a quick, easy knit. You can find the pattern here.

I finished the sheepy cloth pattern from this last Seven Deadly S(p)ins club shipment.

DSC04910

I've started the soap sack but haven't finished it yet. The yarn is a dream to work with. This is by far the yummiest cotton yarn I've worked with. It's pima cotton dyed by The Unique Sheep, for those of you who want to know.

Got some yarn....not that that is a surprise.

DSC04940

It's Knit Picks Comfy. I'm going to use it to make dresses for Bree. I have some patterns in mind but can't start until I get some test knits finished. I'm on a deadline for these so they take priority right now.

Got some books.

DSC04951

I had a $25 gift certificate to Overstock so these are the two books I picked up. Overstock is one of my favorite places to look for deals on books but I've also found some other great deals out there. I bought the Cable Confidence book for the sweater on the front but there are several more that I'd love to knit. There are 6 sweaters for women, one of those is sized down to child size, 1 child size sweater, 2 mens sweaters (though one of those is the sweater on the front of the book and is appealing to men and women), 1 vest pattern, 1 big felted bag, 1 scarf, and 3 pillow patterns.

I found the New Pathways book for a great price at SandraSingh.

DSC04954

It was a little over $14 because of some bent corners (very, very minor bends) and some resin from a sticker. The resin rubbed right off with a little 7th Generation All Purpose Cleaner sprayed on a rag. I'll be posting about the All Purpose cleaner in another post here in the next few days. All in all I'd say the book is in very good condition. After I finish my test knits I'm going to try some of these patterns. There's some really interesting designs.

Finally my Rogue is getting really, really close to being done.

DSC04955

The hood is on and I've started the sleeves. I opted to knit both sleeves at the same time. I thought about knitting them in the round but when it came down to starting them I was just too lazy to do it. Once they're done all that's left is to block them and the sweater and seam the sleeves and seam the ribbing. Not that I'll be wearing it anytime soon it's to warm here for sweaters. I'm not 100% happy with the way the top of the hood looks so I may fix that before blocking. Who knows!

I'm going to try very hard to keep the blog up to date from here on out but it may be a little skimpy this month. I have three test knits I'm working on so right now they are my priority.

I did join Summer of Socks 2008 (Rav link). I've been saving my sock knitting for this KAL.

So what's everyone else been up to?


7 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Cute cute Bree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Super cute sheep dishcloth!! Can't wait to see the socks you knit from Pathways. And yay! Rogue is looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I was thinking "if Trish is having trouble finding time posting, then that makes it okay for my lack of blog posting!" :-)
    I signed up for Summer of Socks, too - now I need to make a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bree looks adorable! I'm going through a dishcloth phase myself. They are such a nice little snack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been productive!
    And you're going to love New Pathways. It's very interesting. I haven't knit from it yet but I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bree looks so cute in that tank. She's getting big.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your New Pathways book and many thanks for shopping with me!

    ReplyDelete