Jun 21, 2008

Sample Knits

In lieu of photos of the two test knits I just finished I'll show you some I finished awhile back and give you a teaser of what I'm working on.

First up is a sports weight Monkey sock that I knit for Woolgirl.

DSC04494

I used Miss Babs yummy sports weight sock yarn. The yarn was a dream to work with. It's very soft and the colors are beautiful. I used the Van Gogh colorway.


This was a sample knit for one of the kits Woolgirl released.

DSC04558

The Hello Kitty sock kit. This one was sent out in mid May so everyone who ordered one should have it by now. I knit mine with the fingering weight sock yarn by White Oak Studio. The pattern is cool but I honestly can't remember the name of the pattern and I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to this kit. I really liked working with the White Oak Studio yarn.

Finally, here's a close up of what I'm working on right now.

DSC04927

Obviously as you can see it's a stranded project. This is my first finger weight stranded project. I'll let you know when the pattern is released. Promise!



7 comments:

  1. Finger weight stranded?!?!?! Wow- I'm really impressed. Tell me it's easier than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the varigated yarn with the fair isle. It looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm very curious about the stranded work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that Van Gogh colorway- I think the Hello Kitty would make my eyes hurt :)
    you go girl, stranded finger weight! whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is how if feels to see teaser pictures and wonder what it is? I love the stranded pattern and the varigated yarn makes it so interesting.

    ReplyDelete